Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Cheap(er) Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Nor.Cal.914
I'm looking to buy a replacement engine for my 914 that will get me back on the road soon. It could be a 1.7, 1.8 or 2.0, I do not really have a preference right now. My 914 has been sitting for 2 years this coming December and the build I want to do with my 1.8 is going to be too costly to afford right now so I would like to pick up a "temporary" replacement that will allow me to drive the 914 again! I would prefer to hear/see it run, if possible. I have carbs, exhaust, and a trans already so that's part of the reason why seeing/hearing the engine run might be a bit of a pain since I would be asking you to take the injection and exhaust system off afterwards. I'm located in San Jose, CA and would prefer a local sale.

Price range is in or around $500, but I am open to offers at more or less than this price. Please let me know what you have. Thank you very much!
-Chris
bfrymire
QUOTE(Nor.Cal.914 @ Nov 2 2011, 08:19 PM) *

I'm looking to buy a replacement engine for my 914 that will get me back on the road soon. It could be a 1.7, 1.8 or 2.0, I do not really have a preference right now. My 914 has been sitting for 2 years this coming December and the build I want to do with my 1.8 is going to be too costly to afford right now so I would like to pick up a "temporary" replacement that will allow me to drive the 914 again! I would prefer to hear/see it run, if possible. I have carbs, exhaust, and a trans already so that's part of the reason why seeing/hearing the engine run might be a bit of a pain since I would be asking you to take the injection and exhaust system off afterwards. I'm located in San Jose, CA and would prefer a local sale.

Price range is in or around $500, but I am open to offers at more or less than this price. Please let me know what you have. Thank you very much!
-Chris

Chris,

Pm me. I have a 1.8l still in the car, that I will be pulling and selling. And much less than 500. So, we can start it and you can see it run. Pulling should take very little time.

-- brett

(oh, I am near wolfe/280)
Nor.Cal.914
PM sent! Thanks!
-Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.