Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone in Seattle area able to test my MPS?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschefool
Hey gang,
Looking to eliminate the MPS as my real problem here. It's got some leakdown, goes from 20 to 5 in about two minutes. Contacts meter out okay (100 ohms, 450 ohms).
Can I bring my sensor to you, plug it in, and see how your car runs w/it?
I'll bring along some cold ones for you as well..... beerchug.gif

I'm in Monroe, but will drive just about anywhere to test this damn thing.
Many thanks.
Eric
'72 1.7 Djet
red914
i am under the impression that Geoff is the MPS master. he will read this, i am certain. have no fear, help is on the way...
Bleyseng
I am leaving for Holland in a few minutes but .....IF it leaks down in that short of time its toast. Buy a good tested unit (a 049) I only have one of those left so try Rich at HPH for one at 1 877 914 4YOU as they have a few last I heard.

Rebuilt ones from AA are a joke and don't work for sh*t as they are not made at all witha new replacement diaphram.

Geoff
jr91472
Hey Eric,

If you get stuck, I have a used MPS that has been sitting in a box in my garage for about 10 years I would be willing to sell you.

This MPS came out of my '72 1.7L as well. I switched to carbs when my wiring harness fell apart. Any way, P/N is 280-100-041 and the epoxy seal is still in place. This was the second MPS put into my car by a local shop here in Dallas (specializing in 911/914's). I suspect it was tested but who really knows (long time ago).

Unit seemed to working fine when removed, but I will let the experts here tell if the 041 is right for you.

good luck
Root_Werks
Eric, I am local (Marysville) and just pulled out a 1.7FI. The engine ran perfect, I mean perfect. You want anything, come get it, cheap, real cheap. It has it all MPS, Decel valve, brain, injectors etc.

Shoot, bring a truck and just take the dang engine back with you! biggrin.gif
914werke
Eric I offer up some assitance but my 73 is a 2.0, although the MPS on it I believe is from a 1.7.
I also have another one on the shelf that can be used to eval.
Im in Mill Crk
JeffBowlsby
Contacts meter out okay (100 ohms, 450 ohms).

Thats a problem. Should be ~90 and ~350.
porschefool
Okay, I wasn't sure what the tolerance was for those measurements.
Still would like to swap in a known good MPS to see if that's it...
porschefool
Thanks to Dan Root-
my woes are over!
"new" MPS holds vacuum, car runs great (probably better with the new fuel filter and CHT)
And I've got a spare complete 1.7 engine to play with!

Dan's the Man...

Thanks to all who offered help. I really appreciate it.
smilie_pokal.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(porschefool @ Aug 6 2004, 04:59 AM)
Thanks to Dan Root-
my woes are over!
"new" MPS holds vacuum, car runs great (probably better with the new fuel filter and CHT)
And I've got a spare complete 1.7 engine to play with!

Dan's the Man...

Thanks to all who offered help. I really appreciate it.
smilie_pokal.gif

My pleasure! biggrin.gif That engine you have ran great when I pulled it, so all the parts on there should be good ones. Heck you even have a spare engine. clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.