Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilt transmission blowing fluid....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joseph Mills
Tranny is blowing a ton of fluid into the bell housing. When I drop the tranny what should I look for?

I installed a new seal. I guess the clutch fork ball pivot "could" be loose. I assume it should be snug.

Anything else? Will it be obvious which is leaking?

It's been driven about 25 miles over a two day period. Will my new clutch disc be ruined or can I remove it and clean it up?
Joe Ricard
Yes there is a god chance the disk will be fuid soaked. I have heard of guys drowning the plate in brake cleaner and be just fine. (could be a lie)

Was the surface of the input shaft clean and free of nicks and scratches? You didn't over fill it did you ? look at what direction the vent hole is pointing. Should be towards the back right side.
Joseph Mills
Input shaft looked fine. New seal seemed to go in without a hitch.

I put 2.5 qts in. Didn't even let it run out the fill hole.

I "think" the vent hole is pointing towards the passenger.

This is a large leak. Drove it a few miles three different times and each time it dumped about a half to a full cup of fluid. It's even blowing fluid out the driver's side upper bell housing vent hole onto the lower engine tin.

Would a buggered seal leak that much. Maybe I stripped the ball pivot?

confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.