Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pre 1974 Trans flanges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
Click to view attachmentI purchased from the 911 Pelican forum a pair of pre 1974 911 transmission out put flanges. Here they are next to the output flanges from my 914. I'm a little suprized how tall they are.

Left = 911 and Right = 914

Does this look right?

Thanks
jaxdream
They will stick out of the transmission too far . Maybe Sportomatic flanges . Find the part number on it and look it up in the Porsche Pet , it's free or go to Auto Atlanta web site , you may find the part number there listed under 911 transmissions. Also measure the outside diameter , it appears to be smaller than the 914 flange on the right. Maybe contact the seller to return if possible .
Good Luck........

Jack
jmill
Wrong animal. This is what you need. I got mine at DC Auto. You need to ask for the early 911 tranny flanges out of a 901 trans.
dadaDaveed
I'm not certain what you've got there. Here are my 911 flanges to fit the 914 box... well one of them.

Click to view attachment
jmill
WTF.gif

My wife would blow a gasket if I set greasy parts on the washer or granite counter. They're relegated to the garage along with the box elder bugs.
dadaDaveed
QUOTE(jmill @ Nov 3 2011, 09:32 PM) *

WTF.gif

My wife would blow a gasket if I set greasy parts on the washer or granite counter. They're relegated to the garage along with the box elder bugs.

I wouldn't put a greasy part on my granite either... however, that particular part (the painted side) is probably far cleaner than the counter shades.gif
jcd914
QUOTE(Harpo @ Nov 3 2011, 05:16 PM) *

I purchased from the 911 Pelican forum a pair of pre 1974 911 transmission out put flanges.

1974 911 transmission is a type 915 trans not a type 901 trans, don't think the flanges are interchangeable.

Jim

pcar916
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Nov 3 2011, 11:42 PM) *

1974 911 transmission is a type 915 trans not a type 901 trans, don't think the flanges are interchangeable.
Jim

As stated, the really deep flanges are wrong for your car.

I have course-splined (as shown) SC flanges (78 - 83) on my 914 and use 930 flanges as well depending on the CV's and axles. I have a chart somewhere on when they converted the 915 transaxle to the fine-spline diff-carrier/flange but I don't have it here. The only way you'll have a fine-splined differential in a 914 trans is if you added a fine-splined TBD or LSD.

You can use the 100mm 944 CV's with the SC flanges and modified 914 axles. The 108mm CV's with the 930 flanges require that the axles be 911 splined.

There is a difference (between flanges) in the depth of the sealing surface for the side-cover seals, but I've used both successfully. The shorter one mounts the inner CV about a quarter of an inch closer to the transaxle... but I'm way off topic now aren't I? beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.