Trekkor
Waahhh, waahhh.

I want to put my air dam on now, but I HATE the heat. mad.gif

Anymore of you like me?

I wish I had an a/c garage.

KT
Mueller
too cheap to get a tarp??? smile.gif

the sun/heat does suck, that is why it took me almost 2 months to finish my fence...the only time to work on it without baking was 7am to 10am (too early for my nailgun) or 6pm to 8pm
Jeroen
Ok, stop your whining...
Imagine this... Long pants, long sleeve shirt, gloves, hat, dust cap, face shield/visor
Now get into a flat roofed garage, crawl into the empty engine compartment and start making sparks with an angled grinder, taking off the /4 engine mounts, at a rate of 6 grinding discs an hour biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
PS, note to self. When waring a long sleeved shirt, don't roll up the sleeves and then grind. The sparkles will burn your for arms badly rolleyes.gif
Trekkor
I'm starting to feel a little bit better after my nap and diaper change. lol2.gif

I think I go out and remove the bumper and old air dam, now.

T baby confused24.gif
watsonrx13
I guess only 'girlie' men live in CA. driving-girl.gif (hahahahahahaha)

Now in FL, I work in 94 degree, 110% humidity for 6 - 8 hrs per day, on the weekends. Grinding, welding, now that's hot...

BTW, the heat does suck, but I'm not complaining, at least when it gets 'cold' here, I can still work on the car....

Have a beer3.gif and get back to ar15.gif
scotty
ick! Heat without humidity I can take, but with humidity...ick!

I was in Missouri (Stone county...mmm...bass) I made the mistake of going hiking when something called the "heat index" was upwards of 120. What the hell did this NW boy know about some stinkin' "heat index?" The themometer said it was only 85! Big whoop. I think I lost 25 pounds in sweat on that hike. DAmn!

So I pity those who live in the not so temperate parts of the county (the middle) where they quite often endure the extremes of heat and humidity in the summer and f*cking cold temps in the winter.

A garage to keep the rain off is enough here wink.gif

PS: The Bass Pro shop in Springfield was Huge! Cool store...good thing there aren't any out here
d914
get a fan, works great!!!
J P Stein
Jeroen:

Write this down "Carbide Rotary File"

With a die grinder & the carbide tool I hacked off everything.....4 banger mounts, battery tray, jack posts....and a bunch more, all with the same tool, and still have/use it....bout 12-14 bucks.....plus the die grinder.....air or electric.
SpecialK
QUOTE(scotty @ Aug 3 2004, 04:21 PM)
ick! Heat without humidity I can take, but with humidity...ick!

I was in Missouri (Stone county...mmm...bass) I made the mistake of going hiking when something called the "heat index" was upwards of 120. What the hell did this NW boy know about some stinkin' "heat index?" The themometer said it was only 85! Big whoop. I think I lost 25 pounds in sweat on that hike. DAmn!

So I pity those who live in the not so temperate parts of the county (the middle) where they quite often endure the extremes of heat and humidity in the summer and f*cking cold temps in the winter.

A garage to keep the rain off is enough here wink.gif

PS: The Bass Pro shop in Springfield was Huge! Cool store...good thing there aren't any out here

Oh yeah scotty, I can vouch for Missouri "heat index". Sweated/ing out of places I didn't think I had pores. blink.gif
Joe Ricard
I'm with Rob, Shoot even your Govenor called ya'll "girlie Men" So it must be true. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

"hotter than the hammers of hell" But I fixed my shift linkage tonight.
Will be riding my bike to work the rest of the week just because I like it. Most days I even detour over the high rise bridge turn around at the bottom and go over it again heading home. about 11 miles that way. :finger2:
bperry
Napa, looks great right now.
I'd trade your weather for the weather here anyday.
I'm sitting here in Dallas, at 9:00pm and its still 95 degrees!
(Heat index of 102!)

My garage faces west and it gets even hotter than the reported highs
every day as the afternoon sun bakes the garage door.

Texas heat sucks!

--- bill
Elliot_Cannon
You want hot?
I was in Dubai, United Arab Emirates last week and it was 45 degrees celcius. I wasn't working on my car though. OK I was laying by the pool drinking a cold beverage but it was really really hot!!!
Cheers, Elliot
thomasotten
I have an air conditioned/heated garage. The only problem is it is a single stall. If it was only 2-3 feet longer, I could fit both my teener and my beetle in there. I am thinking of notching the back of the garage so that it will fit. Then my garage will be a notch-back.
John
You guys don't have air conditioning in your garages?

That would be a true bummer. smile.gif
GWN7
Air conditioned garage.....just open the doors. But then the snow comes in...... wink.gif
Red-Beard
I'm back in Sunny San Di this week and it shore is a lot cooler than Houston. In Houston, the High was 97 and the Heat Index was 118 yesterday.

Last Saturday, I bought the 2 part Epoxy paint and painted the floor (Kit from Home Depot). I had to get my wife to bring me a head band to keep the sweat from dripping on the fresh paint. I think I sweated 10 lbs off!

Someone remind me why I'm moving to Texas in August... givemebeer.gif
skline
QUOTE(Red-Beard @ Aug 4 2004, 05:27 AM)
Someone remind me why I'm moving to Texas in August... givemebeer.gif

I am still trying to figure out why you are moving there in the first place. San Diego is one of the nicest places climate wise.
Root_Werks
Slightly overcast and about 75 up here. Planning on working away on mine as soon as I can. rocking nana.gif
red914
not unless i can get mine over there and put my keys in your drop box first! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif monkeydance.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.