Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Pressure Gauge Recommendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Strudelwagon
Hey, I have a 74-2.0 with stock injection and want to add a oil pressure gauge.
What pressure gauge should I use, 80 PSI or higher? What do these cars run for oil pressure normally and whats a good bad pressure (cold/warm)

Thanks
SW
McMark
80 psi is sufficient. VolksWorld magazine did a 'shootout' and scored the VDO to be 3/5. The winner, by far, was the Stack gauge. A little more expensive, but better quality. I'll be getting a full compliment of Stack gauges for my car.

(plus they look good)
IPB Image
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 3 2011, 08:22 PM) *

80 psi is sufficient. VolksWorld magazine did a 'shootout' and scored the VDO to be 3/5. The winner, by far, was the Stack gauge. A little more expensive, but better quality. I'll be getting a full compliment of Stack gauges for my car.

(plus they look good)
IPB Image

Oh!! Great!! Thanks a lot. Now I've got to change all mine. Sheesh!! laugh.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Strudelwagon @ Nov 3 2011, 07:51 PM) *

Hey, I have a 74-2.0 with stock injection and want to add a oil pressure gauge.
What pressure gauge should I use, 80 PSI or higher? What do these cars run for oil pressure normally and whats a good bad pressure (cold/warm)

Thanks
SW

With my cheap ass piece of krap VDO gauge lol-2.gif I see about 50 psi @ 3000rpm.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 3 2011, 08:22 PM) *

(plus they look good)
IPB Image

Oh Boy!! A two hundred dollar oil pressure gauge! laugh.gif
ellisor3
Here is a pretty good site to compare, prices are pretty good as well

http://www.egauges.com/
McMark
Geez Elliot, you don't need to use one post per line. av-943.gif

The $200 version is the stepper motor unit. Nice, but not necessary. Just get the $69 version.
jsayre914
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 4 2011, 01:23 PM) *

The $200 version is the stepper motor unit. Nice, but not necessary. Just get the $69 version.

Does this price include the sender too?

if not what eles is required?
matthepcat
I use pro-sport: http://prosportgauges.com/

They work great.
McMark
Sender is included.
turnaround89

Here is a pretty good site to compare, prices are pretty good as well

http://www.egauges.com/

I used an autometer oil pressure gauge from the site above. May not match a stock interior very well, but the egauges site has a lot of parts to choose from. Im using this one, and works really well
IPB Image
underthetire
I use the vdo one cause it matches. Unless your racing, who really cares if it off by a few psi IMO. Just there to indicate a major problem.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 4 2011, 10:23 AM) *

My thought process is a little slow nowadays. lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.