Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Squeezed the engine in complete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John Kelly
I managed to get my upright fan conversion engine in, with intake manifolds,throttle bodies and air-cleaners attached. Amazingly tight but it worked. Nice not to have to take the intakes off. A few pictures in my 914 album:

http://allshops.org/cgi-bin/community/comm...d=9980160442904

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
reverie
I think your 914 work is even better than your amazing Ghia work.

Some people might say "tis sacrilege to speak thus!" laugh.gif
machina
really nice work john. that fan cover is a work of art.

btw, how high did you have the car jacked up? I am going to try and install my motor with the carbs and linkage on as well. I didn't think it was possible til I saw yours.

last weekend I picked up an ATV lift for the motor and some really tall jackstands, so maybe I can pull it off.

dr
Korijo
smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
cool!

i bet those ITG's will be loud wacko.gif
JmuRiz
Speaking of the air filters, where did you source them and how much did they cost. Just wondering, thinking of maybe replacing my k&n's when I do engine mods. Car's gonna be a bad mother when done!
John Kelly
Thanks fellows!

dr, I used two scissor jacks, lots of wood blocks, jack stands etc. Never trust scissor jacks by themselves! If you have the stock fan assembly, I doubt you will be able to get the engine far enough forward to clear the sides...but I could be wrong.

Aaron, I expect the intakes to try to compete with the Triad exhaust, and the fan. I hope the car is not too loud!

Nathan, The air filters came with the engine. Most of the spendy stuff on and in this engine would never have come my way unless a friend had to upgrade his cylinder count!

rhodyguy
if you want quite get a honda john. biggrin.gif . when is projected fire up date? are you going to fab up some metal to seal the engine bay to the shelves? that paint stripper sure did the tick.

kevin
John Kelly
Hi Kevin,

I'd settle for half way between a Honda and Zach's flowmaster. I could hear that thing 3-4 blocks away. Unfortunately this car will probably be as loud as Zach's. Nice to be heard so nobody misses that you are there, but enough is enough!

Hoping to start it in the next few weeks. Need to find a place to break in the cam...maybe in the neighbor's driveway...the guy makes a lot of noise. I have to resist those revenge impulses! Still have a bit of wiring, brake work, paper work etc. to do.

I'm working on the tin today... have to mount the oil-cooler, the fuel pump, gas tank,figuring out where I'm putting the battery...on and on.

Then I have to finish the flares... arg! I'll be lucky to be driving this thing before the monsoon season.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.