Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.2 liter/6 engine/parts for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
naro914
I am selling my 2.2 liter 6 cyl liter engine that has been running in Papa Smurf the past few years. It just got a complete refresh last year, but we had a minor engine leak (didn't seal the case properly) and dissaembled it. I then came across a 3.4 engine so instead of rebuilding the 2.2, we decided to sell it.

Anyone that knows this engine, knows it was fast....

I am selling it as parts, but would consider selling the entire lot together. EVERYTHING is here to build a 10.5:1 compression, very strong engine except the carbs. They've been sold. All prices are plus shipping.

So...here goes for the big stuff:

Factory 914/6 case: #6405100. Air ported for better oil/air flow in the case - and the porting matches up with the cylinders below
Price: $700

Elgin STD 66 Solex cams. As per Dema Elgin: "911 solex from 1966 =280 duration are one step above the -E- grind=270 duration and one step below the -S- mild 300 duration grind. great autocross grind. A lot of my customers like this grind for a HOT autocross application. They work well with 10-1 or 10.5-1 comp. A good flat TQ curve and easy to drive as compared to the factory-S- cams."
Price: $600 (Sale Pending)

JE Pistons: 2.2 liter 10.5:1 compression, and as noted above, the cylinders are 'air ported' to match the air porting in the case. wrist pins included.
Price: $750

Bosch Dist. includes a Pertronix Ignitor, rotor and Dist Cap (I have 2 rotors actually)
SOLD

MSD 6AL 6420 Ignition and coil:
SOLD

Stock 2.2 liter rods:
Price: $150/set

2.2 liter crank:
Price: $500

Ported Heads: Ported to S specs with upgraded springs
Price: $750

And...I have a set of Porsche cams 901.105.110.1R and 901.105.109.1R. Various individuals have indicated that they are 'S' cams. My mechanic said these are actually better than S and were done by WebCams - said the lobe are 'wider' allowing for longer valve opening, thus better air flow. If you put them next to S cams, he's right, the lobes are 'fatter' at the peak. I am sending them away to WebCams to get them tested/verified on exactly what they are. ...stay tuned...

Also have Cam housings, chain/cam cases, new timing chain and gear, crank etc. Basically everything inside the engine.
a914622
perfect engine for the 914!!

wish i still had mine bump.
naro914
Dist sold
bobheinonen
PM sent.
bobheinonen
I will take the Elgin STD 66 Solex cams. PM sent.
naro914
QUOTE(bobheinonen @ Nov 9 2011, 12:54 PM) *

I will take the Elgin STD 66 Solex cams. PM sent.

PM sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.