Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 intervention??anyone have to tell a buddy to..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I know they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and all that, but seeing what some people have done to thier 914's make me wonder if these folks have real friends that would them to forget or shelf a bad idea or modification to thier 914??

example: "aircraft" style steering wheel in thier 914 (yes, it's true)
Andyrew
Its called AIM (Aol instant messanger)

I do it all the time... lol

more of "buy this, dont buy this, this is fine, this is to much... bla bla, I bought this, this will work..."

but sometimes you have to "enlighten people"

Thats mainly my stupid friends at school.... "Dude, I made my car louder!" "ummm...how?" "I cut off the muffler!!!" headbang.gif

confused24.gif slap.gif
Martin Baker
You know, I have a friend who asked my advice on a 1977 911 Targa that was converted into a Cabriolet. 2.7 powered. $8000.00 would buy the car. My advice was RUN away. I explained to him what I had been told, and had read about this type 911, and that spooky conversion Targa to Cabrio. He said, Yeah your right. Next time I saw him was a week later driving the Turd. The motor blew 3 months later. That was 2 years ago, its still sitting. Advice is hardley ever used from what I have seen. Since that, I prefer not to even give advice. More fun just to sit back and watch.

stones.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 3 2004, 10:27 PM)
... seeing what some people have done to thier 914's make me wonder if these folks have real friends that would them to forget or shelf a bad idea or modification to thier 914??...

Umm, Mike.... About this VR6 conversion....

wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

--DD
Mueller
About this VR6 conversion

what is a VR6? and what is this conversion thing you speak of??? laugh.gif
J P Stein
Fortunately, amid all your wild schemes, a good idea pops up....once in a while. laugh.gif

That VR6 ain't one of em'. confused24.gif
Sparky
VR6 Umm how did you guys find out about my "other" conversion?! Seriously I've been lining up the parts to convert my '99 Beetle to a VR6. I figure if the teener can be a 6 so can the bug.... I should really finish the teener first.

Mike D.
McMark
Gotta love the engine swaps. icon8.gif
Brad Roberts
Daily. I get to hear some pretty WILD "idea's".. I say.. PLEASE dont do that.

B
Rusty
When I was a 914-newbie... I wanted to plaster crests all over my car. barf.gif Now, I kind of like cars with no badging at all.

I've had people talk me out of stuff... and usually when I'm in a mood to make my car into something it isn't.

I've come to love stock 914s. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S. The only thing people have to talk me out of these days... is the urge to buy ANOTHER car. lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.