Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dawn Patrol Run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
It's time for the Ortega Run. I want to change the meeting spot, however. It makes it easier on newbies to find us. The new rendezvous point is the Home Depot parking lot. The Home Depot is located on Lake Shore at the intersection of the 15 and 74/Ortega Hi way/Central exit, NW quadrant.
Let's meet up 0630, depart 0645. Make our run thru the pass. Have breakfast at Denny's at the Ortega/5 intersection. Then the return leg. Maybe Eric will tailgate the two wheelers again. av-943.gif

EDIT: I see that the WX man is forecasting the wet stuff for Saturday so keep an eye on this post for updates. It might by a Friday nite call. If necessary, the run will be bumped to the 26th. driving.gif
phatnine11
Kent,
Sounds good! What day were you thinking about?
Cesar
Als914
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Nov 5 2011, 02:42 PM) *

Kent,
Cesar

Are you under your lift again Ceasar av-943.gif lol-2.gif ? look at the title...Saturday, Nov.,19 poke.gif
phatnine11
QUOTE(Als914 @ Nov 5 2011, 02:45 PM) *

QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Nov 5 2011, 02:42 PM) *

Kent,
Cesar

Are you under your lift again Ceasar av-943.gif lol-2.gif ? look at the title...Saturday, Nov.,19 poke.gif

Which one Al?? biggrin.gif
silver74insocal
sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif ar15.gif driving.gif i am on it!! after a little beer3.gif
Dave
shulew 3
I'm in!

Dave you bringing the silver ghost? lol-2.gif
'73-914kid
Damn, Wish I could go... I have to fly out to St. Louis for a funeral unfortunately..
silver74insocal
sorry to hear that Ethan, hope all is well.
Lou i am bringing the car, i only wish i could call it silver. thank god you cant see any part of the car while driving it.... biggrin.gif
Thestigz06
I should make it assuming i have no work!
eric9144
I should be in for this one too, unless I get off my @ss and start the brake project (see slackers thread) lol-2.gif

Wow, 6:30am, with the time change that's going to be like sleepin in late!
914Bryan
Im in! Maybe this time my coil wont jump from the bracket and ground out the engine! huh.gif HAHA!
phatnine11
QUOTE(914Bryan @ Nov 9 2011, 05:05 PM) *

Im in! Maybe this time my coil wont jump from the bracket and ground out the engine! huh.gif HAHA!

Brian,
Is that what happened? I thought it was the hose from the PCV system that caused your problem. By the way, you are not the first person that has had the coil issue!
Cesar
76-914
poke.gif Isn't this usually when Enrique proclaims he will "be there"?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 10 2011, 08:33 AM) *

poke.gif Isn't this usually when Enrique proclaims he will "be there"?

I'll be there in place of him. laugh.gif
76-914
To tell the truth, It wouldn't surprise me one bit if you showed up Elliot. Now Enrique; well that's another story. lol-2.gif
eric9144
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 10 2011, 03:42 PM) *

Now Enrique; well that's another story. lol-2.gif

Nearly 2 months since his last project update and the engine was already in the car huh.gif poke.gif
914Bryan
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Nov 9 2011, 08:52 PM) *

QUOTE(914Bryan @ Nov 9 2011, 05:05 PM) *

Brian,
Is that what happened? I thought it was the hose from the PCV system that caused your problem. By the way, you are not the first person that has had the coil issue!
Cesar

Yes, closer inspection later showed that the coil had vibrated about half way out of the bracket, and one of the connectors was making contact where it shouldn't of been. One of the other guys that I met that day (Joe?) said to put some inner tube rubber around the coil, tighten it down and I can forget it. I was contemplating mounting the coil to the firewall but as long as it stays put, it shouldn't be an issue.

BTW, the hose is getting a clamp on it too! HA! smash.gif

Fingers crossed!!
914-300Hemi
I will also make the effort to get up early and join you guys. Car still without an engine and Tranny but will bring the GTI.
lagunero
I'll know by Thursday.
wertygrog
Well guys...this will be the first one I miss since moving to socal. sad.gif

Work is sending me to the UK until christmas so no 914 action for awhile. BUT I'LL BE BAAAACK!! beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
I'm looking at going, any other Orange County teens going ?
76-914
icon_bump.gif see 1st post for WX update
'73-914kid
Please bump it to the 26th! haha
eric9144
Weather report this morning is showing rain Sat, Sun and Mon headbang.gif
Als914
Bump to the top for the DP'ers to read icon_bump.gif
914.SBC
icon_bump.gif
eric9144
So what's the call? Weather is ify...
76-914
Haha. I was looking for this thread on previous pages and here it is. lol-2.gif
Anyway, I say go. Forcast is spotty if any showers. Chances increase as we get north of Orange Co and coastal areas. All in all it looks like it will hold north of us for the most part. That and we don't push it if the roads are wet. We won't get another chance this month. It just means I'll be in Whitey cause it has wipers beerchug.gif Use your own judgement. If in doubt, park it. Otherwise, see ya'll @ home depot in the AM.
Als914
OK. Lew and I will see you there. driving.gif driving.gif
silver74insocal
muchos gracias to good ole Cesear for the helping me get my valve train back on and adjusted beerchug.gif unfortunately my car is not set up for any kind of water(no door or window seals whatsoever after all this is cali) so i wont be driving it. another passenger run for me dry.gif car is actually running like a top though.. thanks Kent thumb3d.gif
76-914
My street is dry. Leaving in 15 min's
eric9144
Sorry guys, had something come up last minute that I couldn't get out of...

sad.gif Next time...
76-914
You should have been there Eric. We had a newer Carrera pull over to let us around (after tailgating him for 5 miles) happy11.gif The weather Gods cooperated with the forecaster so we had dry roads for %90 of the ride. Next run time to be posted this week. It will be Rice Canyon or Idyllwilde if we get a snow that makes it worthwhile.
Thestigz06
QUOTE(76-914 @ Nov 19 2011, 10:19 AM) *

You should have been there Eric. We had a newer Carrera pull over to let us around (after tailgating him for 5 miles) happy11.gif The weather Gods cooperated with the forecaster so we had dry roads for %90 of the ride. Next run time to be posted this week. It will be Rice Canyon or Idyllwilde if we get a snow that makes it worthwhile.

Idyllwild! beer.gif

Sorry i couldnt make it, i worked late last night and have another shift in two hours...
RiqueMar
Just saw this.... I fail headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.