Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - Late charcoal carpet piece
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bigkensteele
I want to install a console, but I don't want to cut up my really nice original piece. I would like to find one that is already cut for a console, or one that is decent, but someone is willing to part with alone. I have a '75, so I am looking for the late pattern.

Thanks,
Ken
Tom_T
Ken,

There's no cut for the stock console, other than at the heater lever & the heater indicator light next to it, but they occur on non-console 914s/tunnel carpet pieces. You should be able to install right over your existing OE carpet.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 6 2011, 11:27 PM) *

Ken,

There's no cut for the stock console, other than at the heater lever & the heater indicator light next to it, but they occur on non-console 914s/tunnel carpet pieces. You should be able to install right over your existing OE carpet.

Tom, that is true, assuming that I don't want to screw the console down in the rear, close to the cross-member. Granted, that would be a rather tiny hole, but then I also need to connect the console wiring harness to the existing wires in the tunnel. Are the factory wires long enough to go from the connections near the shifter, to the front most part of the carpet and then back to the gauges? Looking at the console right now, I have to say that it is a toss-up.

PS - PM works better for me during the week, as I am not occupying anywhere and actually work.

Thanks,
Ken
bigkensteele
icon_bump.gif

Surely, somebody has a decent one...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.