Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: out of closet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rey
beerchug.gif Hi all , new to the bbs. what a grate site.
Iv been following this site and the pelican bbs for quite a long time and amazed at all the information exchange its fantastic.
well here goes I've been following the Andrew v8 conversion and so.... I decided to convert my 914. This 914 has been in my hands for the last 9 yrs
I it has been a reliable 914 yea I know reliable you say? yes I haven't had to do anything on this baby other than change oil and tune up.
So why convert?, well Id like to get more HP . I know it can be done by doing a six but its just to much $$. so I have decided to rebuild a 283 v8
I've had this motor sitting on the floor to long. Ill post a picture after I figure out how to do it. Anyway Thanks to all the guy that I have P.M. for information I know Ill have a lot of questions as I state to put this thing together.
Brad Roberts
Welcome Rey clap56.gif

You've come to the right place.

B
Jeroen
Good to see another lurker come to life!

Make sure you keep us posted of your progress

cheers,

Jeroen
rey
Thanks Brad, I spoke to you a long time ago I believe you were at HPH little did I know you were the guru smile.gif
Brad Roberts
I have been here since Jan.. so anything is possible. I'll take whatever status I can get (besides homeless) beerchug.gif

Let me know if I can help with the conversion parts/pieces.

B
seanery
hey rey,
go here for info on how to post pics:
914Club FAQ
rey
Hi Brad,skyline, any other v8 folks. what the intake manifold and cab setup for a 283 with a mild cam?
It has been bored over 30 so I think its more like a 301. I figure that the torque will not be that bad with such a small cubic inch engine so ...I don't want this thing to burp or stutter at low rpms. Any advice is appreciated. Brad I can use some conversion parts. like fly wheel motor mount the list goes on....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.