Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 seat removeable headrest!?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
6fahrer
huh.gif This week someone on ebay has been offering a removeable headrest, stated as being for/from a 914. The pictures front and rear view showed what appeared to in fact be a veritable 914 headrest with two adjustable metal pins (10" or so long). Can anyone tell me if the 914 seats ever had removeable headrests? My seats are buried under custom fitted seat covers, so it's hard to take a quick (and uncomplicated) look at them. Don't have a pic of this headrest handy for review, unfortunately. Thanks.
Cheers, 6fahrer
SirAndy
QUOTE(6fahrer @ Aug 4 2004, 08:08 PM)
Can anyone tell me if the 914 seats ever had removeable headrests?

i do not think so. never seen one. but hey, they made almost 120000 of them, so who knows ...

wink.gif Andy
Brad Roberts
The headrest is from a Koenig 914 seat. Not a stock one.

B
maf914
agree.gif It might be from a Koenig seat (I have a pair) or it could also be from the earlier Scheel seat, which I think was basically the same seat.
JmuRiz
It looked to be one from a Koenig/Scheel seat. My question is HOW did you get it out. I can't remove the Koenig headrest for the life of me. Is there a trick to getting it out once it's put in place. I'd like to have the option of a more GT-style look by taking out the headrest if I want to.
Thanks!
6fahrer
biggrin.gif AHA! So it's from a Koenig seat? That would explain it. Couldn't for the life of me figure this one out, since it looked exactly like the headrest section of a standard seat. Thanks for this key info! (I found the pic of the headrest, by the way. One is attached for view, although it is now academic, since the ID has been made.)
Cheers, 6fahrer beer.gif
jim912928
I'd also like to know how to get it out....I've yanked on mine and decided not to yank too hard in fear of busting something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.