Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Self conscious about posting too much.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cooltimes
Sometimes, I think I type too much when I see many other posts short and simple posts and the authors name much less frequent than mine. Is this a fault or just the 914 addiction taking control of my little brain and fingers?
What makes you respond to the "posting or replying to a message in the 914CLUB world?
I really would like to know.
See you at the keyboard.

Newbie. Never.
Cooley
seanery
Hey man, we haven't met, but I see you know a bunch of the regulars.
I post a lot (more than anyone but Miles biggrin.gif ) and I don't know shit, so go right ahead and post all you like as long as you like. LOL
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Aug 4 2004, 08:17 PM)
I post a lot (more than anyone but Miles biggrin.gif ) and I don't know shit, so go right ahead and post all you like as long as you like. LOL

agree.gif dito.

i'm just bored most of the time so i post here ...
type.gif Andy
drew365
I post a lot (more than anyone but Miles  ) and I don't know shit

I believe Miles played lead guitar with shit. But that's a different story. cool.gif
Brad Roberts
Cooley,

NOBODY here complains about the number of emails they get... cause we only send out ONE email per topic when anyone replies to it... keeps the number of emails down. easy to scroll through drivel when you have the little mouse with the wheel on it.

B
Brad Roberts
Damn.. Andrew.. two times now you have cracked me up.... biggrin.gif

B
Bleyseng
Cooley, I hope you do post alot. Say whatever you want to say as its welcome here. I know I have really enjoyed your sense of humor in the past on other BBS's.
I post for lots of reasons, but mainly just to add to the conversation as I don't know shit....remember this is like a garage where we are standing around drinking beer and BSing about 914's. Tell stories for all I care as even that would be more interesting than the 200th post on why my cars headlights dont go up.

Geoff beerchug.gif
Bruce Allert
C'mon now... ya cain't feel like that wit only 17 posts. Miles had 15 million & that din't stop him laugh.gif
Brad & Sean almost got that much & that don't stop them so post yer ass off Man beerchug.gif & do it whilst having a Fat Tire.....

...........b beer.gif

P.s. Welcome to da CLUB driving.gif
Brad Roberts
I actually set mine back to zero when I had over 5k posts months and months ago.

I should be over 13k.

B
cooltimes
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 4 2004, 07:24 PM)
Cooley,

NOBODY here complains about the number of emails they get... cause we only send out ONE email per topic when anyone replies to it... keeps the number of emails down. easy to scroll through drivel when you have the little mouse with the wheel on it.

B

Actually, my post wasn't meant to see if people complain but to see what spurs them on to answer with a reply to a post or start a new subject with no restraint on the number of words or posts. No such thing as posting too often in my own world. That's why I got me a big 8.4GB hard drive.
pray.gif
I like this site Brad. Good talent. Very good to just read what grabs you by your own boonyangs. Don't ever think it ain't a top drawer site because it clicks like no other I have used. Keeps me from talking to myself like when posting last year. LOL

(little late personal replies)
Yeah, Indiana would be something to see. Sign Red up for what? I'll be around for as long as I feel welcomed. Everything 914 is always personal.
best regards to all,

Cooley
Bleyseng
Well, \i post just to joke around or actually answer a question. Seems like I answer lots of posts on the djet.mps topics as poeple have lots of porblems with that.
I think all comments are good.\

Geoff
Brad Roberts
The ONLY thing we ask... use OT (off topic) when posting something with no 914 content.

Pretty easy... cuss like a sailor if you want...
Bleyseng
Ok, heres my 5000 post! I 'll never bs as much as Andy or Sean. Those two don't have a life!
biggrin.gif
Bruce Allert
Hey You! I thought you were leav'n on'a jet plane. did'ja miss it ? Ya Geoff hep'd me out ALOT... just with verbage! laugh.gif

.........b
J P Stein
Mike? Cooley.....old fart from Tennessee?.....never heard of him laugh.gif

I post on stuff that interests me.....like blowed up motors.
Rusty
Hey Mike! Good to see ya!

We need to get together for some BBQ when I get home!

-Rusty smoke.gif
cooltimes
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 4 2004, 08:28 PM)
Mike? Cooley.....old fart from Tennessee?.....never heard of him laugh.gif

I post on stuff that interests me.....like blowed up motors.

JP,
Blowing up 914 motors is cool when you mean making them bigger.
Lots of you other old farts in here too I am beginning to think.
Sure do like your 914. Color is a thunderball. I sneak a peek every so often. I rate it right up at the top of all the giants I have seen since that 1st 914 back in 1970.
Pass a howdy around for me.
Tickled.
Cooley
cooltimes
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Aug 4 2004, 08:31 PM)
Hey Mike! Good to see ya!

We need to get together for some BBQ when I get home!

-Rusty smoke.gif

Waiting down at Corky's anytime you suggest.
Time away from that Blue 914 6 driving.gif should make you hungry for the twisties too.
Drinking a diet coke in my thermal mug right now with my cheesecake.
Diets like mine would suffer drinking regular colas and all their calories.

Thanks again to you and all the others for making this a site of friendship.
A question for the FAQ. What does it mean when it is "Nailed"?

Cooley
jester.gif
Brad Roberts
Nailed:

when somebody want a topic to stay at the very top no matter how many replies.

Normally left for things we want to recieve attention.

Important topics/dates/times.

B
markb
OK Cooley, you're up to 20 posts. I think it's time for one of your very cool poems. I'm pretty sure you can come up with something. biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Sometimes I just do this wavey.gif
RAR
You're paranoid and people ARE out to get you.

(kidding)
SLITS
Posting is my way of finding out who's watching me cool_shades.gif

unsure.gif I am not paranoid!
VegasRacer
I post when: A.) I think I have something intelligent to add to a thread.
or B.) I think I have something funny say.
It usually ends up that the stuff I think is relevant gets flamed or laughed at,
and the stuff I think is funny just falls flat.

Guess I'm just a slow learner.
The above post is a pefrect example of how I like to waste bandwidth.

Oh yeah. I also like to add photos to my post when ever I can.
crash914
wub.gif AAAAhhhhhhh Corky's mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wub.gif

I can feel the grease dripping now....kind of like working on the 914.....
herb
watsonrx13
agree.gif with Vegas, I post when I have something to add.

I normally don't post just to BS. I have a personal rule that I don't use the computer to voice my opinion, it might come back to bite me.

Oh, I also use the BBS to communicate with the locals to find out how they're doing and what they're working on. It seems that everyone will check the BBS frequently, but only occasionally check their e-mail accounts.
Jeroen
Why to post a reply... you mean you need to have a reason for that?
biggrin.gif

It's time for some new crazy stories, Mike!
Get creative biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
cooltimes
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Aug 5 2004, 05:39 AM)
Why to post a reply... you mean you need to have a reason for that?
biggrin.gif

It's time for some new crazy stories, Mike!
Get creative biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen

Would you believe it? I have moved into the quiet stage of my life. Hard to write anything related to 914 fun when all I can drive is my wifes 94 Corolla. Good wheels but Red won't let me pop the roof lid like on the 914. When we travel out of town, the tires on her car almost drive me nuts. They bumpa de bump, without end. Even when sitting still down at Leno's. Never bothers me much down at Tammy's Emporium too much though. Been doing this since the Gateway tires were new.
Would anyone believe it. You CAN miss the rust. I get tempted to offer $100 for one of those bust buckets just so I can have a teener in the garage but Red forced my hand on the last one that sat there for a few years needing only limited repair to have a road life again. Even at that small expense of repairs, I had to give it up since the bucks stopped when Corporate America downsized my funding back in 1995.

Tears in my beer.

smilie_rolli_1.gif

Cooley
Joe Ricard
Driving the wifes ride will definately suck the life right out of ya.

I drove the Explorer the other day. won't turn, won't go, won't stop, Lots of rattles!
I would rather ride my Mountain bike with knobbies 10 miles to work in the rain. of blazing heat.

See I post things not even related to the thread. rolleyes.gif
914werke
Driving the wifes ride will definately suck the life right out of ya.

Not in my case the S6 Avant is a Rocket and she never feeds any speed into it.
Turbo is a wonderful thing! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.