Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT "Amish In The City"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Episode 3 was tonite. I gotta say. This is a very interesting show.

Premise:
6 City Kids - LA area mostly share a big, fancy expensive-assed house with 5 Amish kids in LA of all places for 60 days.
Brad Roberts
Let me guess. 3 out of the 6 LA kids are gay ??

B
seanery
1 female Vegan from Campbell's area
1 gay guy from Mississippi that lives in West Hollywood
1 bus boy from Boston
1 fashion designer chic from LA
1 collegegirl from the hood - south central
1 college guy from somewher I can't remember

------------------------
2 amish girls
3 amish guys

the amish are all from different amish towns from PA, OH, IN & WI
GWN7
At least the LA kids will get good weed smoke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Aug 4 2004, 08:28 PM)
Episode 3 was tonite. I gotta say. This is a very interesting show.

what is wrong with you people ???

confused24.gif
tommy914
The show is pretty good as reality shows go. They sure picked a bunch of A$$holes "city" kids. Are all the young kids that rude now?

Of course the gay guy is from Mississippi. Nothing here but rednecks and queers, the rest of you stay away. That way my property stays cheep. smile.gif

Tommy
Brad Roberts
Tommy,

I actually laughed out loud... clap56.gif at that one.

B
Mueller
that show is just wrong....next thing we'll read is that the Amish kids did some crime or something and it'll be the fault of the f'd up "normal" kids they spent time with
Brad Roberts
I have a total of 8 hours of TV this year. 3 hours where in a Texas hotel room during Ft.Worth Parade. TV sucks. Commercials suck and I cant afford TIVO.

B
Red-Beard
In the Amish culture, the late teens/early 20's kids are somewhat expected to have a "wild time" where they go off and have sex, drugs and rick and roll.

Then they are supposed to figure out that they were in hell and go back to heaven. If they are in LA, I think they are almost definitely in hell.
airsix
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 4 2004, 08:36 PM)
that show is just wrong....

I'm with Mike. Take some good wholesome kids and throw them in a house with the dregs of society to see how much damage can be done before the end of the season? And our society calls this entertainment? I think it's sick. I hate these so-called "reality" shows. The premise is to place people in a situation designed to inflict emotional pain and humiliation while we sit back and are entertained by watching their suffering. It's anti-compassion, and I think it's evil.

-Ben M.
Red-Beard
I think the only way it should be aloud on TV is if they use "Amish Paridise" as the theme song... icon8.gif

Oh, I agree. Reality TV in general is terrible. About the only one I've liked recently was "The Apprentice". icon_bump.gif
Andy
I've gotten a giggle about those shows for years now. "Reality" shows, whose "reality" is this? Eating bugs for money... I don't really see that in my life. "Oh my God, Bob is gay!!!" "Fine, good for Bob... I still need that expense report."

Cops, Real TV, stuff like that I can see as "reality" TV. The rest is low-budget idiots on parade. But I guess people love to see others F up, and celebrities lives turn into a train wreck.

That just my opinion, I could be wrong!
Andyrew
I hate reality tv...

Only shows I watch are....

Monster garage.. Mith busters..

Speed channel (minous anything with any relations to nascar)

Horsepower tv.. trucks

And for laughs,

Pimp my ride,

Futurama

Family guy.

Got lots of things recorded each day for tivo.... at night we (me and dad) sit down and watch.

Just to let you know what a "teen" watches... But Im not quite average laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.