Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay Parts Horde
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jd74914
Anyone else see this parts horde. Its kind of amazing, especially being that it appears that everything was stored inside.wacko.gif

Ebay Listing

Exerpt from ad:

PORSCHE 914 RUST FREE BODY & CHASSIS--WITH A LIFETIME'S COLLECTION OF 914 PARTS! LOW, LOW RESERVE! I purchased this collection from a 914 nut. He spend a lifetime accumulating 914 Porsche parts. This is what you get: clean body and chassis with electrical system intact--the only rust is surface corrosion  that you can scratch off with your finger nail (vin#0619523/Made in Western Germany/Karmann Korosserie/L-G3-K; 4 original 914 wheels on car plus 4 black Mahle wheels, 2 silver Mahle wheels (5 and 1/2 X 15H2, 4 Western chrome wheels 15 X 5 and 1/2 of which 4 come with new "metric" tires; 6 engines serial #'s 2-021.119215-A through 5-021119215A (2  engines ran when pulled, the others are builders; 6 transmissions serial#'s 914-301.301.00 through 914-301.301.03, 3 transmissions function when pulled, the others are builders; carbs, coils, suspensions; fly wheels, clutches, inner body panels, shocks, electrical components; on and on and on--too much to list...please study the pictures. Parts have always been stored inside and all seem to be in excellent condition. I think everything is here and reduntantly five to six thick or more, except glass or seats. Thank you very much for looking at this ensemble. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions. This entire lot will be sold with a bill of sale. I don't know the exact year of manufacture for these items, please check serial #'s for that. Thank you.
ohmy.gif

Anyone here bidding on it beerchug.gif
brant
Its kinda funny to me.. I don't think any of it has been stored in doors since this guy bought it...

I think I know the history on this stash... A guy named doug in colorado springs owned this stuff (I think anyways).. I think it was stored indoors when he had it. About 1.5 years ago he sold it to someone I have never heard of... I think it was this guy that bought it and from the pictures I'd bet its been outdoors for the last year or two...

I think Kevin in colorado is pretty interested. I think he might have bid. If anybody else is planning on bidding, check with him so that you guys aren't working against each other.

brant
rhodyguy
that is the first link that hasn't worked for me.
sgomes
Yeah didn't work for me either. Just copy the Item # from the link and do a search for it on ebay.
SirAndy
QUOTE(sgomes @ Aug 5 2004, 08:05 AM)
Yeah didn't work for me either.

fixed the link for him ...

wink.gif Andy
jd74914
fixed the link for him ...

thanks andy
vortrex
"PORSCHE 914 RUST FREE BODY"

it looks like 85% of the body is covered in rust to me.
bondo
Looks like the rear bottom panel of the rear trunk has been replaced too.. and if the rust was bad enough to warrant that... beware.
trojanhorsepower
Looks like a lot of good stuff there though, with or with out the car. Sombody could buy this lot and the stuff from 736conver and open a 914 shop! I would love some of the goodies there, oh well. Maybe the winning bidder will pass some of the stuff on to the club cheep!?

Looks like a big pile of fun to me. wub.gif

-Pete
bernbomb914
We are all a bunch of Junk JUNKIES w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.