Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something of interest to 914 owners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
Got a neighbor with a huge SUV that is always trying to run your 914 over? Well, check this out. You might have some legal revenge coming.

Check this ou!
Targa
barf.gif I didn't think I could Hate SUV's any more than I already did. Thanks! laugh.gif
Howard
Thank you very much. We have a neighbor who believes my 914 is too loud. Same person complains about mopeds, kids, gas blowers, mowers and such.

She drives a Ford 'Excessive' biggrin.gif
tod914
The Durango 95 purred away a real horror show

awesome film clockwork orange. think the quote is horasha (not the proper spelling) but it means good/well in russian.
AZ914
Ya..

My friend is self-employed and just did this with a ~$40K Eddie Bauer Expedition. Good for him, bad for the other tax payers...
rhodyguy
i thought the tax break was a load of crap. the big suvs have about as much in common, use wise, as my 914 has to a pickup. i've yet to see an escalade, expedition, etc, loaded with a yard of gravel, topsoil, or a stack of lumber.

kevin
tdgray
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 6 2004, 06:43 AM)
i thought the tax break was a load of crap. the big suvs have about as much in common, use wise, as  my 914 has to a pickup. i've yet to see an escalade, expedition, etc, loaded with a yard of gravel, topsoil, or a stack of lumber.

kevin

Here! Here!

I just love the SUV owners that try to use that excuse as justification for thier blighted existense.

If I wanted a pickup... I'd get a pickup. I can put more sh*t in my minivan than they can get in those stupid things and I get 28 MPG. mad.gif
rhodyguy
they need the 4 wheel drive for all the stump jumping, logging road running, and water/stream crossing they do rolleyes.gif . when we get the rare bit of snow and icey roads there are more big 4x4s in the ditch than anything else.

kevin
Root_Werks
I have driven 914's in the snow/ice for years. They work good as snow plows. biggrin.gif

I don't drive a car to work. I use to take a bus, but my day job relocated me to BFE so there are no commute options. So I ride my motorcycle daily rain or shine. Have for about 6-7 months now. wink.gif ?? My 914 is a driver, but not daily. Some a$$hole in an SUV will surely smash it after all that hard work I put into. SO I choose my times and days to drive it.

My wife has a Jeep Cherokee Classic style. We use it to tow boats, trailers, go camping (no camping in trailers though) and haul stuff, a lot of stuff inlcuding people. That old straight 6 rocks. Talk about your torque monster! Just because we don't like having a lot of cars, she drives it daily and I keep it in tune for her. So 75% of the time, it isn't needed. But I think it is better than owning another vehicle. smile.gif

Her Jeep is rugged and just looks like it could kick butt off road (it does). I can't stand SUV's that seem more station waggen like than 4x4. Mild street tires, little ground clearance. What is the point?
TimT
:finger2:

for all of you guys biggrin.gif

My daily driver is an F250 diesel

weight=6337

MPG =22 highway
17 town
15 towing 8000 lbs

Beside the F250 being my daily driver, I legitmately use it for work also..

So I get a tidy little tax break.

Since when did anyone have to justify what they drive?

And do you really "hate" someone because of what they drive?

sheesh
lagunero
QUOTE(TimT @ Aug 6 2004, 11:15 AM)

sheesh

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

In a couple of weeks we'll be at CampJeep in Solvang talkin' bout how we hate those stupid lil' sports cars n stuff. Then after I set up my smog exempt car with carbs and drive on the street I'll complain about those who seek exemptions. I'm not sure if I should hate my Passat wagon, I'll have to get back to that.

In the tone of MaliBoo'z Most Wanted " don't be hating"
tdgray
QUOTE(TimT @ Aug 6 2004, 10:15 AM)

for all of you guys   biggrin.gif

My daily driver is an F250 diesel

weight=6337

MPG =22 highway
         17 town
         15 towing 8000 lbs

Beside the F250 being my daily driver, I legitmately use it for work also..

So I get a tidy little tax break.

sheesh

Well..... Thats not an SUV now is it wink.gif

And Yes I do hate some people for what they drive, mostly the people who can afford the really cool cars biggrin.gif
Andy
QUOTE(lagunero @ Aug 6 2004, 11:13 AM)
In a couple of weeks we'll be at CampJeep in Solvang talkin' bout how we hate those stupid lil' sports cars n stuff.

YEAHBUT!

Unless you've got a 2005 WK or an old SJ your Jeep doesn't cross the 6000 lb GVWR. The rest are too reasonably designed.
ClayPerrine
My point is not to anger the people who buy and use a large truck for business. What I was trying to point out was that Suzy soccer mom in the Lincoln Navigator can now be legimately ticketed for driving down your residential street where your kids play. Because it is legally classified as a "truck" and is over 6000Lbs GVW, it is restricted from using residential streets.

So start calling the cops on Suzy soccer mom for using your street. After all you have to pay for the street repairs, and residential streets arent' designed for loads over 6000lbs.....
Targa
QUOTE(TimT @ Aug 6 2004, 10:15 AM)

sheesh

I never said I hate the people who drive SUV's, just the excessive SUV's. Conveniently enough though, 90% of the people here in the bay area who drive these monstrosities have a cell phone glue'd to their ear while they're cutting you off/ running you off the road because their vehicle is simply too big for them to handle and talking on their phone is more important than everybody's safety. Is this reason enough? laugh.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(tod914 @ Aug 5 2004, 09:41 PM)
The Durango 95 purred away a real horror show

awesome film clockwork orange. think the quote is horasha (not the proper spelling) but it means good/well in russian.

The language Alex and his droogs spoke was part russian, part cockney. Horror show is correct, and it means roughly the same as xhoroshow (sp).

Sorry to interrupt. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.