Full Version: Update on Yet another restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LotusJoe
I'm in the final throws of assembly on the restoration

Before
Click to view attachment

After
Click to view attachment
I hope to be back on the road by year end.
Ferg
Sweet aktion035.gif In for more pics! smile.gif
914werke
Very nice! drooley.gif
LotusJoe
More before
Click to view attachment

Color change
Click to view attachment
raw1298
aktion035.gif Looks great! Love the color. Will be watching this one.
MDG
Nice, Joe. Great colour. Looks like you did some fairly extensive work up front.
GaroldShaffer
WOW looking great. smilie_pokal.gif

It's threads like these that help keep me motivated on my project car. Looking forward to more pics as you complete your car.
eric9144
I'm liking this before/after photo perspective...looking NICE! beerchug.gif popcorn[1].gif
JawjaPorsche
Damn that looks good! I really like the before and after pictures. A lot of work but it looks like you are well on your way. I am impressed with the detail on your new dash. I have never seen silver rings on instruments gauges before. They really look awesome!
JmuRiz
Awesome, what's the treatment you did on the dash-face...I really like it.

Are those rivets or screws...I like that idea better than adhesive.
LotusJoe
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 9 2011, 10:15 AM) *

Awesome, what's the treatment you did on the dash-face...I really like it.

Are those rivets or screws...I like that idea better than adhesive.

Aluminum one piece dash face. Brushed and hard anodized grey. Small accent bolts with allen heads. I first did one that is black crinkle powder coated but settled on the anodized.

Click to view attachment

Vysoc
Nice work,

What color Blue is that?

Beautiful!!

Vysoc flag.gif
LotusJoe
Here are a few new pictures.
Almost 2 years later, the interior is back together. Carpet, seat, door panels, dash, gauges all complete now. Hope to be back on the road in a month or so. Way more work than I thought. But at the end of the day it will be a new 914 smilie_pokal.gif

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
LotusJoe
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Nov 10 2011, 11:24 AM) *

Nice work,

What color Blue is that?

Beautiful!!

Vysoc flag.gif

Alaska Blue Metallic (L96B)
The car was originally Olympic Blue (L51P)

ndfrigi
Yes it is really very nice looking one you have there!!!! I do like also the before and after status of each part. Update us with your project!
In the other side, who restored your seat or is it a brand new one? I like the leather and how it is made.
LotusJoe
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 1 2012, 06:10 PM) *

Yes it is really very nice looking one you have there!!!! I do like also the before and after status of each part. Update us with your project!
In the other side, who restored your seat or is it a brand new one? I like the leather and how it is made.

The seats and back-pad were done by a local shop here in Costa Mesa. Not the cheapest guy but the quality shows. He does Vintage BMW, Porsche, and Mercedes. He is currently restoring the console. Should have it back in a week or so.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Mar 1 2012, 06:22 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 1 2012, 06:10 PM) *

The seats and back-pad were done by a local shop here in Costa Mesa. Not the cheapest guy but the quality shows. He does Vintage BMW, Porsche, and Mercedes. He is currently restoring the console. Should have it back in a week or so.

Wow just around the corner of cypress. Will you be able to provide me the company name? thank you!
LotusJoe
Another few steps completed this week. Last of the rubber has been installed and a new windshield. Next week it's rebuild the transmission. Then it will be time to put the engine and tranny back into the car.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

New Glass installed aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
Rob-O
I have to know...who recovered your seats? I like the added support at teh leading edge of the bottom cushion.
Socalandy
love the color and what a transformation from before and after pics first.gif
Cairo94507
I second the seat comments; it looks very appropriate and original.
Lennies914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 16 2012, 04:34 PM) *

I second the seat comments; it looks very appropriate and original.

agree.gif

Your whole car is looking great.

Need more info on the seats though. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.