Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling all 914v8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rey
Is there any one out there that can give me a spin in a v8 converted 914 so I can presonally see what im getting in too.
Thanks biggrin.gif
Andyrew
3 weeks or so?

I havent driven or rode in one either... so, I feel your pain.. lol

But I have driven a 400 hp 944 turbo..

Soooo... I think it will be simular.

Andrew
bondo
WARNING: There is NO turning back! burnout.gif
rey
Thanks Guys Ill need all pumping up to see this though.
Bondo did you sell your seats. Im the guy that was going to trade with you. biggrin.gif
Mueller
a few words of caution...it's not going to be cheap to achieve this swap....I think Andrew is trying to get his done for less than $2000.00....

I don't care how cheap/bulletproof a chevy V8 is, things happen which could easily make it much more expensive than originally planned....
bondo
They're on ebay right now. Not having much luck so far, but there are a few watchers. I'm trying to get enough cash that I can buy a black interior, but I'm thinking I should hold off on buying the interior until I need it... that way it doesn't get overspray on it from the paintjob (I only have one garage unfortunately)

I've decided to go with backpad carpet, so now I really only need to get enough to buy most of a black interior. I also got some black door panels that have good basketweave vinyl on them, but need rebuilding, which is not without cost.

I'll just keep lowering the prices until it sells I guess.
rey
Yea I know its going to be big $$$ so Ill be taking my time looking for deals on parts. The motor is at the machine shop now having it all cleaned up and checking tolerances so ill be putting it back together soon. wish me luck. I'm not looking to build a monster just some thing more than 100 hp. The 283 was a runner before I removed it from the land cruiser.so at lest it was running before I removed it. idea.gif
bondo
What's your timeframe for this? I spent a year just gathering parts, and I got some VERY good deals. Now that I've started the conversion, I'm going to start needing to get what's missing at full retail value and it's going to get expensive quick. I've set a goal of having it done (or at least driving) by WCC05.. we'll see!
rey
Bondo, I to don't have to have this right now . I'm thinking like get the motor back together look for parts. I know that ill get the rad from renegade they have a lot of cool well engineered stuff. I not trying to do this on a shoe string but things like motor mount used okay. confused24.gif
neo914-6
Rey,
I live in San Jose - Willow Glen. PM me your phone number and we can arrange at time for a ride. I have a '70 with a stock 283 but I am getting a "built" engine next week so it will be a different ride soon.
Felix
Mueller
I am getting a "built" engine next week so it will be a different ride soon

really?????

what happened to you selling your car??

glad to know you are keeping it boldblue.gif
neo914-6
Mike,
I justify it as "curbside appeal" improvement. laugh.gif
I still plan to sell it to start the Neo914.
Felix
Andyrew
Felix.. whats this new engine you've got going on?

Sounds interesting...

Andrew
rey
Hi Felix, Thanks Just P.M. you
Rey beerchug.gif
jadan2151
hey rey where in cali is alviso? me and my dad are gonna be staying in morgan hill next weekend when we head down for the monterey events. we have a v8 in ours and we will be driving it down. we might be able to work sumthing out.
rey
Jadan2151, Thanks I live two miles from Grate America.
Alviso is the Sausalito of the south bay. happy11.gif
neo914-6
Rey,
You weren't home when I called, I'll try tomorrow between major honey do's.

Alviso is the Sausalito of the south bay
laugh.gif

Are you doing the work yourself?

Felix
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.