Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look what the UPS guy dropped off....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
As my car is in pieces with the motor saga...i'm ripping into the guts of the car again...(i'm bored).

Found the fuel tank had "bits" in it....i.e. 30 years of crap.

So since the car is a track only thing....I bit the bullet and bought a fuel safe cell.

It really is pretty. I was going to buy a regular stock cell, but I like the location of the stock tank in our cars.

Have a look....

Bill P.
nine14cats
one more...
Qarl
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
morgan
How much was it!!! wacko.gif
propricer
Bill ... good looking cell ... is it designed SPECIFICALLY for a 914 - fits right into the old space ... capacity ???
Would you mind my asking how much ???

Thanx ... Ed in M-Hill ( ex Campbell ... nice town ! )
Jeroen
Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice!

I like it biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
nine14cats
The fuel safe 914 cell is specifically for a 914. They take a 914 gas tank and cut it in half. They put the fuel cell inside and put the halves back together. In fact the halves are bolted back together just like their normal "box" cells.

I bought the cell from Patrick Motorsports who are a distributor. My original 2.7 conversion was done with mostly PMS conversion parts...so Jim Patrick has always been good to deal with for me.

Price is not for the faint of heart. If you call Fuel Safe they will tell you to send them your tank and a check for $1400. PMS lists it for more than that. My price was below the Fuel Cell quoted price due to my previous dealings with Jim.

The cell is nice and will bolt up in the stock location....no cutting...

I like it!

Bill P.
Jeroen
Is it FIA approved?
(if it is, it isn't even THAT expensive)

cheers,

Jeroen
Mueller
how much capacity does it have compared to the original?

hmmm, group buy???? smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 5 2004, 09:44 PM)
hmmm, group buy???? smile.gif

i have learned to hate those words sad.gif
ChrisFoley
Does it have fittings at the bottom, or does the fuel have to come up through the top plate?
I don't think $1400 is bad for that at all.
It's gotta be more than 10 gals. capacity. smile.gif
redshift
YOU CAN'T GET THAT IN A 914!

M
john rogers
That is the same cell Jim uses in all his race cars and it works really well. I don't think he makes very much from these?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.