Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beware Part Werks of Chicago
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DonTraver
Ripped me off for parts for my 914. Don't buy from these guys.
Mueller
huh??

a few "facts" would be nice smile.gif
seanery
Do a search here, both of you.
There have been several comments made about them.
Allan
I have been leery of them based on comments I have heard but ended up buying a center bin w/arm rest from them on ebay. Shipping was a little slow but got what I ordered. Just to be safe I probably wont order anything in the future. boldblue.gif
Mueller
Do a search here, both of you.
There have been several comments made about them.

I've seen the other posts.....it would just be nice to see what the complaint is instead of just a generalization...
seanery
No, we must generalize. The world is based on generalizations. wink.gif
SpecialK
Generally speaking. biggrin.gif
Mueller
okay, i read his complaint in the vendor section....I'm generally satisfied wink.gif
larryp
I have bought MUCH stuff from them over the years. Lots from the bird and Best Deal too; I do business with everyone, including infrequently AA if necessary.

Jay at PW has been responsive and helpful innumerous times. The place gets busy and he is sometimes overwhelmed but I go to him often and have been completely satisfied.

You know, generally speaking.

(Thanks, Jay.)
echocanyons
A business being busy is no excuse for not delivering products and generally screwing most of your customer base over.

No thanks and finger.gif Jay
bernbomb914
They never screwed me.

B3ernie
Joe Bob
We bitch, therefore we are..... bootyshake.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Paid for next day air, and UPS lost the package for a few days. UPS refunded the shipping money, which PW was supposed to pay me. Took a buncha phone calls and a year to get the4 bux. Everytime I called, there was a different "boss" I had to leave a message for ................ The Cap'n
DonTraver
Just got a email from Lawrence saying I was irresponcible for not posting facts, didn't mean to be. I'm new to this forum, still finding my way around. So I will post the BBB Complaint that I submited. I also have been contacted via ebay's email from other dis-satified customers. Some might think that I shouldn't have posted anything about getting ripped off. maybe that's so. Just write it off and move on. I would have until they started accusing me of trying to rip them off on postage. I didn't, I asked them to prepay return postage on the second wrong part since they haven't reimbursed me on the first wrong part. I had to prepay postage on the original ordered part before they would ship it to me. Anyway, enough. I've ordered the hinge bracket from Performance Product, and written off ever getting my money back from Part Werks.

Chicago BBB Complaint #1597771 8/5/04
I bought the item, 914 rear trunk hinge bracket e-bay #2483915068 on 7/13/04, I paid for it the same day using ebay's paypal program. Package arrived on 7/27/04 with the wrong part enclosed. Notified seller via email about wrong part, they asked if I'd return part, they would reimburse me for shipping, also that they had fired shipping guy. I sent wrong part back in original package on 7/27/04, USPS confirmation of delivery at 2pm on 7/29/04. Postage on the package delivery to me was $8.30, it was the same to return the package to Part Werks. Second wrong part arrived on 8/3/04. I contacted Part Werks via email again of second wrong part. Also said I would not return second wrong part until I was reimbursed for shipping of first wrong part. They also complained that the return postage on the first wrong part was too much, they had only allotted $4-5 for shipping? I didn't package it, they did. Postage on 2nd wrong part $4.30.
I asked them to cancel transaction, send me cashier check for $32.70, actual money spent, or check for $37 if they want the second part back, tried to blame all problems on me. I said I wasn't trying to charge them for lost wages from having to take time off from work to correct their mistakes.
I've filed a negative feedback and filed dispute with ebay. They responded to feedback, saying I refused to return 2nd wrong part and tried to double charge them for postage on 1st wrong part, lies.
I responded to their lies, told them I would file complaint with BBB. I have been contacted by other dis-satisfied customers, will suggest they do same. I also will leave warnings on several forums.
I don't think you're going to be able to help me get my money back, think they're a dishonorable company, but I did want this complaint on file to warn other people.
I do have copies of all email, mine and theirs, will forward on request. Thank You for your time. Best Regards, Don Traver
Aaron Cox
generally specific?

wink.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(DonTraver @ Aug 6 2004, 08:28 PM)
Just got a email from Lawrence....

Don,

Thanks for taking the time to fill in the blanks for us. I've never done business with Parts Werks... so I have no feelings either way. We just like to get the story out in the open. Jay, of course, is welcome to post his side of the story if he wants to.

Vendor free... what a wonderful thing. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
DonTraver
Just recieved email from ebay, no responce from Part Werks of Chicago, surprise, surprise. ar15.gif
Allan
I have looked at a few items on ebay that I know are from Partwerks but I think they are disguising themselves. Looks like the same artwork and location is in Illinois but the seller is shown as "blonde".
GWN7
Yep same $0.60 "confirmation" fee...If you read the history that is the name they were using to buy stuff...now selling with that name.
75boxster
I have had good luck with them and horrible luck with them.
Seem like you are really rolling the dice on whether you will get
the item you paid for without turning into a Richard Cranium. <_<
DonTraver
Well, it's official, just got the last reply from my credit card company, they pulled the money back from these jerks, cool. Other letters recieved"

BBB - Part Werks refused to reply

E-bay - Part Werks refused to reply

Paypal - Part Werks refused to reply

Credit Card - Part Werks refused to reply

I think I'm seeing a pattern here.

So I'm just out the return postage for the first wrong part, and I've still got the second wrong part which will fit my RS America. Bet they didn't plan on that.

So to finish out this thread, BITE ME Part Werks of Chicago, lol finger.gif pissoff.gif
StratPlayer
I was wondering about that Blonde seller and thinking I think this is the partwerks outfit with a different name now. I think your right it is partwerks with a different name now.
DonTraver
10/25/04
This is good. Just received a letter from the Chicago BBB. They finally got a answer from Part Werks. Kind of hard to read, really terrible handwriting, or is it on purpose? Think it has 2 questions. 1. Tell us what he got, I did tell them what I got, 1st wrong part, think it was a glove box cover for unknown car, 2nd wrong part, windshield visor bracket for a 964 Porsche, original order was for a rear trunk hinge bracket (p/n 914-501-030-10), have the emails to prove it. 2. Return the part he ???????? (received), can’t read. Told them I would return the second wrong part as soon as they paid me for the return shipping on the first wrong part, and prepay the shipping on the second part.

Anyway, my credit card company got the money back, so all I’m out is the shipping for the first wrong part. As far as doing business with these guys go, not in this lifetime. ar15.gif finger.gif

Here's a scan of the recent letter from the BBB, even signed by the pres, woo hoo :finger2:
Root_Werks
I am glad to hear you got at least your money back. When companies do things like this it is really sad. But at least you filed with BBB. That was a good thing. beerchug.gif
larryp
I am really sorry you had a shitty experience. I have dealt with them for years, and I like Jay a lot. They are less "professional" than some (like PP, I suppose) but I know their shipping guy (35 yo) fairly recently had a heart attack at work, and I know the story of Jay's family, etc., so I cut them some slack. Jay has come through really well sourcing some items that were hard to locate (one took a year), and you can call him and describe crap over the phone and he will find part numbers for you.

But like family you have to call weekly, if the part is not readily available. I wish you didn't, but you do.

I am glad you got your money back, but maybe your experience (and maybe mine, too) aren't the whole story.
DonTraver
QUOTE(DonTraver @ Aug 6 2004, 08:28 AM)
Just got a email from Lawrence saying I was irresponcible for not posting facts, didn't mean to be. I'm new to this forum, still finding my way around. So I will post the BBB Complaint that I submited. I also have been contacted via ebay's email from other dis-satified customers. Some might think that I shouldn't have posted anything about getting ripped off. maybe that's so. Just write it off and move on. I would have until they started accusing me of trying to rip them off on postage. I didn't, I asked them to prepay return postage on the second wrong part since they haven't reimbursed me on the first wrong part. I had to prepay postage on the original ordered part before they would ship it to me. Anyway, enough. I've ordered the hinge bracket from Performance Product, and written off ever getting my money back from Part Werks.

Chicago BBB Complaint #1597771 8/5/04
I bought the item, 914 rear trunk hinge bracket e-bay #2483915068 on 7/13/04, I paid for it the same day using ebay's paypal program. Package arrived on 7/27/04 with the wrong part enclosed. Notified seller via email about wrong part, they asked if I'd return part, they would reimburse me for shipping, also that they had fired shipping guy. I sent wrong part back in original package on 7/27/04, USPS confirmation of delivery at 2pm on 7/29/04. Postage on the package delivery to me was $8.30, it was the same to return the package to Part Werks. Second wrong part arrived on 8/3/04. I contacted Part Werks via email again of second wrong part. Also said I would not return second wrong part until I was reimbursed for shipping of first wrong part. They also complained that the return postage on the first wrong part was too much, they had only allotted $4-5 for shipping? I didn't package it, they did. Postage on 2nd wrong part $4.30.
I asked them to cancel transaction, send me cashier check for $32.70, actual money spent, or check for $37 if they want the second part back, tried to blame all problems on me. I said I wasn't trying to charge them for lost wages from having to take time off from work to correct their mistakes.
I've filed a negative feedback and filed dispute with ebay. They responded to feedback, saying I refused to return 2nd wrong part and tried to double charge them for postage on 1st wrong part, lies.
I responded to their lies, told them I would file complaint with BBB. I have been contacted by other dis-satisfied customers, will suggest they do same. I also will leave warnings on several forums.
I don't think you're going to be able to help me get my money back, think they're a dishonorable company, but I did want this complaint on file to warn other people.
I do have copies of all email, mine and theirs, will forward on request. Thank You for your time. Best Regards, Don Traver

I didn't get pissed until they accussed me of trying to double the return shipping total. Like the BBB complaint said, the return shipping was EXACTLY the same as the shipping to get it here. Also said they would credit my paypal account for the shipping, 2 weeks later, still hadn't happened. They even posted the double shipping bull shit on ebay.

Some one there is trying to cover their ass with lies, only talked with women on the phone, so look there Jay.

So until I get a formal appolgy, reimbursed for my expenses, time, and prepaid shipping on the 2nd wrong part, I will tell everyone who asks, you're a bunch of liars, thieves, and a very unprofession company staffed by jerks finger.gif

Case Closed
echocanyons
I will tell everyone who asks, you're a bunch of liars, thieves, and a very unprofession company staffed by jerks

I agree.

There are other parts houses that I will deal with, that scumbag Jay will never see my business again.
anthony
Jack someone around for a $30 order you fucked up and you lose thousands of dollars of business because he tells a thousand of his car club buddies on the internet.
boxstr
Don what part are you looking for? or did you finally get what you needed?
CCLINGASFORPARTSWERKS
DonTraver
I ordered the rear trunk hinge bracket from Performace Products, had it the next day, got it welded on the day after, touched up paint. Repair done.

Wasted 3-4 weeks trying to get the part from Part Werks. Never again.

My teener was the black 914-6 with the Blue metalic engine shroud at the Riverside BBQ last weekend. The trunk wasn't pushed up anymore.

OT, I still have a lot of 75 914-4 parts for free if anyone wants them, don't want to toss them. I do want to keep any parts that will fit the 6.

Take Care, Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.