Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: New Machine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
boldblue.gif boldblue.gif monkeydance.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

Finally talked the guy at one of the machine shops I use to sell me his old parts washer. Got it for a nice price, and loaded it in the back of the truck for a 30 mile ride. I am totally, totally psyched about this guy. After cleaning five transmission cases last month, and tearing down three engines, this will save LOADS of time and save people money. I can just toss these parts inside and the 'basket' rotates them slowly, and blasts them with a multitude of high pressure jets. Load it up with hot soapy water and disgusting parts magically turn clean. I needs a little bit of TLC and tidying up, so the inaugural run won't happen until next week.

Local guys are welcome to stop by and use it, just cover the electrical and waste disposal cost. wink.gif
IronHillRestorations
Nice score Mark!
bulitt
Nice! I have one of those in my kitchen but my wife keeps putting dirty dishes in it. confused24.gif
76-914
Far out. I'll bet your stoked. As all good tools, it will pay for itself soon and you'll wonder how you ever worked without one. drooley.gif
MartyYeoman
Plus, I'll help keep you warm this winter. santa_smiley.gif
bandjoey
DeSchaVo. Someone here did this exact post with the same machine about 2 years ago! I remember because after seeing that post, I've been on the lookout for one too. Great buy!
Krieger
Nice score! Kinda ugly though. Put some 914 stickers on it.
Ductech
So not to be rude but, what is a buddy deal like on one of those parts washers? $300, More?

rick 918-S
Your going really like that!
Jake Raby
I have one just like it.. Had it since 1998 and it runs like a champ today. The detergent makes a huge difference and keep the spray nozzles clean and it'll last forever.
JStroud
Very nice, now you'll have more time for the fun stuff.
Guess I should have brought all my parts dirty.

Jeff
Elliot Cannon
Good score Mark. Just think how much $ you're going to save on carb cleaner now. laugh.gif
JRust
Damned if I wasn't expecting a picture of Elliot for your new parts washer evilgrin.gif

Nice score Mark!
Ferg
I think we need some before and after shots, that is cool!

Series9
I have a System 1 manual parts cleaner, but I'm totally shopping for that same deal.

I want to push the button and walk away.

Nice. I'm jealous.
Series9
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Nov 9 2011, 07:17 PM) *

Plus, I'll help keep you warm this winter. santa_smiley.gif

That's a little gay, not that there's anything wrong with that...... laugh.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 10 2011, 12:42 PM) *

Damned if I wasn't expecting a picture of Elliot for your new parts washer evilgrin.gif

What? And get my hands dirty?? WTF.gif laugh.gif
sean_v8_914
you will love it!!! I did the same move a few years ago. I found an old machine cabinet but it needed everything. it was well worth teh effort. I use Pro-chem powder soap. you will have to make a compromise if you want to run AL, MAG and steel parts due to chemistry, corrosion and what not. you can get more aggressive so it will even wash teh paint off of engine tins but you must then be quick with your AL parts. get an oil skimmer

Jake: what soap do you use?
sean_v8_914
here's my war horse. ugly but awesome. it has spray bars over and under the turn table and down the sides. I can fit a small block Chevy in here.
McMark
Here's a couple before and after pictures. I had to replace the turntable belt and wire up a 60A 220v circuit to run the thing. But it's all hooked up now and I'm LOVING IT! boldblue.gif

This is just with hot water. I might add some SuperClean if it doesn't handle some of the tougher stuff. There are still a few tough spots that get left behind, but I can still throw them in for and hour, spend 15 min scraping the tough stuff, then run for another 20 min.
majkos
The Gals are correct!
Nuthin' like a HOT bath! drooley.gif
scotty b
I'll admit it. I'm jealous wub.gif I spent the better part of a day a couple weeks ago scraping, soaping and power washing 4 transmissions and an engine . Then I tossed the jeans I was wearing dry.gif smilie_pokal.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 27 2011, 05:17 PM) *

I'll admit it. I'm jealous wub.gif I spent the better part of a day a couple weeks ago scraping, soaping and power washing 4 transmissions and an engine . Then I tossed the jeans I was wearing dry.gif smilie_pokal.gif

That's what kids are for...
sixnotfour
The detergent makes a huge difference and keep the spray nozzles clean and it'll last forever.

Look into some detergent and you will be in mecca.

That's what kids are for...

That is what my Dad use to say........
Here is what mine is , Locals no you can not use it, I dislike cleaning it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.