Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bleeding Brakes...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim912928
put in all new brake lines today and they are still spongy (although no longer leaking where the old rubber ones were!). I used the procedure in the haynes manual (maybe it's chilton...don't remember..anyway) and it just didn't seem right. They said start right rear...then left rear...then left front then right front. What seemed to make sense to me would be left front...right front...left rear then right rear.

What is the correct sequence?

Thanks, Jim
Ctrout
I have always been told to do them according to which is the next farthest from the MC. Right rear, left rear, right front, left front.
Porsche Rescue
Ctrout has it right.
I have found that it makes a big difference to also bleed the proportioning valve at the end. Air seems to get trapped in there. Place a rag around the fitting of the "out" line and briefly crack the fitting while the system is under pressure.
jim912928
thanks all...I'll redo tomorrow and finish with the prop valve. I assume when you say under pressure I should have someone holding down the pedal while I crack it?
newdeal2
Either that or presurize the system from the resevour. I have been told that speed bleeder valves are the best way to bleed. Pelican sells them but mine have been back ordered for about 3-4 weeks now.
JoeSharpOld
Masa Performance Parts has them on the shelf for under fifty. www.mesaperformance.com (if you don't live in californacate)
Joe
Elliot_Cannon
Speed bleeders are the way to go. If you can, I highly recomend a bigger caliper (BMW 320i) for the front and throw away the prop. valve.
Cheers, Elliot
McMark
Read this thread... Brake Bleeding
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.