Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 related stuff to do in CT?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
Thread diversion in progres...

Paul: Any interesting 914 related stuff to do in CT? Julie and I will be there briefly in the beginning of Sept for a wedding. We probably have enough planned to keep us busy, but just in case... smile.gif
Part Pricer
QUOTE(bondo @ Aug 5 2004, 07:46 PM)

Paul: Any interesting 914 related stuff to do in CT? Julie and I will be there briefly in the beginning of Sept for a wedding. We probably have enough planned to keep us busy, but just in case... smile.gif

Let's see...September in CT...

Sunday. September 5th - Autocross in Waterbury

Friday & Saturday, September 17th & 18th - PCA CVR Club Race at Lime Rock Park

Maybe something else, but not definte yet. When are you going to be here?
bondo
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Aug 5 2004, 06:02 PM)
QUOTE(bondo @ Aug 5 2004, 07:46 PM)

Let's see...September in CT...

Sunday. September 5th - Autocross in Waterbury

Friday & Saturday, September 17th & 18th - PCA CVR Club Race at Lime Rock Park

Maybe something else, but not definte yet. When are you going to be here?

Flying in on evening of the 3rd, out on the morning of the 6th. (Hartford) Wedding is near Danbury on the 4th. Visiting a relative in Mansfield Center on the 5th. We're staying a night in Hartford, a night in Danbury, and then another night in Hartford. Looking at a map it seems like we'll be driving all over the place, but it turns out you guys have small states over there smile.gif We'll be in a rented Taurus, so an auto-x would be quite a let down smile.gif
rhcb914
The vintage festival at Lime Rock Park is always a great time! biggrin.gif

http://www.limerock.com/events_rolex.htm
TimT
agree.gif werd

I was going to mention the Lime Rock Vintage Festival... lots of awesome cars, and Lime Rock has got to be one of the most scenic tracks ever!
Part Pricer
OH, forgot about the Vintage Festival. That's a good thing.

However, I don't think Royce is going to have the time to do anything.

He and Julie will be flying in on Friday and spending the night in Hartford.

Then, sometime on Saturday, they will need to head towards Danbury. Depending on the time of the wedding, it is possible that they could head from Hartford to Lime Rock. They could catch some of the practice/qualifying, and then head down towards Danbury. Hartford to Danbury is about an hour drive. Hartford to Lime Rock to Danbury is about 2½ hours of drive time.

Sunday, they have to drive from Danbury to Mansfield Center. That is about 1¾ hours of drive time. They could head from Danbury up to Lime Rock on Sunday morning. But, the only thing scheduled for Sunday is a Concours and the Show Of Shelbys. Danbury to Lime Rock to Mansfield Center is about 3 hours of total drive time.

Royce, you are going to be squeezed for time. I'd recommend that you have the relatives from Mansfield Center meet you at Lime Rock on Sunday. Everyone can spend the day at the Concours and car show. Then, you can all go out to dinner later.

However, if you have a late flight out on the 6th. Spend all day Monday at the track and watch the races. You can make it from Lime Rock to Bradley airport in about 1½ hours.
bondo
Dang, that looks awesome, but paul is right, there's no way we could make it. The relative we are visiting is like 80 or 90 years old, and I don't think he has much interest in vintage racing, or driving 3/4 of the way across the state. They should have had the wedding at the vintage festival smile.gif

Oh, and I learned something today... never hijack a nailed thread.. Sorry about that blink.gif
ChrisFoley
I live not far from Mansfield, in Bolton. If you can't fit any of the big attractions into your schedule I'd be happy to show you what I have going on for an hour or two.
I think we're having a family party that weekend, but it might be Monday, not sure.
guywan914
There is also a Duetsch Werks car show and Octoberfest in New Milford on the 5th. Don't know how many teeners will be there but might be worth a swing thru. It's not that far from Danbury. Or I'll be cleaning parts for my car in Columbia , 1/2 way from Mansfield to Chris Foley's house. wavey.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.