Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I just installed the 9014 Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
Yeah right. Made you look. barf.gif

Seriously, I was wondering if anybody actually has installed that kit. I have never seen even pictures, other than the prototype. Not that I would ever butcher my car like that.
736conver
Just for that I will never look at your posts ever again. :finger2:

But seriously I was thinking about that kit at one time. Then I found out about AA. It is one of the better looking kits.
rhodyguy
rather than hack up the car for a "father and son can do this in a weekend" project (in an old aa catalog), i'd buy one of the kelmarks currently on ebay. i always wondered if the kits went into production or if the write up was to gauge interest.

kevin
seanery
finger.gif
kafermeister
Ok, so my post is kinda off topic...

IIRC, someone is/has re-introduced the Puma. Somewhere arround $6k for most of the kit (glass, wiring, brakes, etc.) It's still one of my favorite kits....I know it's not a 914 but it is a very attractive kit IMHO. The fact that you can put a Type IV in it is a bonus.

Rick
Air_Cooled_Nut
finger.gif
rhodyguy
rick, i recently read the same thing about the puma being offered again as a kit. where did you read it? i can't remember.

kevin
drew365
A couple of years ago AA had the one partially completed car for sale. I e-mailed asking for price and info. By the time he answered me, six weeks later, I had bought a car. So much for the speed of the internet. I probably dodged a bullet that time and didn't know it.
kafermeister
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 6 2004, 07:57 PM)
rick, i recently read the same thing about the puma being offered again as a kit. where did you read it? i can't remember.

kevin

Kevin, it was a VW mag of some sort. VW Trends or HotVWs. I forget which. If I find it, I'll send you a PM.

Rick
thomasotten
It is in vw trends. Here is the link to the Puma website

http://www.geocities.com/abarth3562000/AirCool.html

IPB Image
kafermeister
Thanks Thomas. That's exactly what I was thinking about. Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.

Rick
PinetreePorsche
Yeah, made me look! I bought the George Hussey AA silver/black one off eBay in Aug. Needs plenty of small and medium work. If anyone else has one or knows a 9014 owner, I'm trying to get us all (?less than 30, it seems) networked--so call this to his (?her?) attention! Thanks--chris h. at carolusandhager@Verizon.net
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.