Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Southeast MI Owners Group trip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Curvie Roadlover
Some of our SMOG people went for a short cruise today. 6 cars: 5 914's (3 original 6's,) 1 1956 speedster! Here's some pics:

Roadglue shot ripoff:
Curvie Roadlover
Hawk's plate:
Curvie Roadlover
Tom's plate:
Curvie Roadlover
Gary's (BS Chairman) plate:
Do all 914/6 owners have vanity plates?
Curvie Roadlover
Stopped for lunch:
Curvie Roadlover
Tim's '56 speedster:
Curvie Roadlover
Artsy shot:
Curvie Roadlover
Goin' Down The Road Feelin' GOOD
thesey914
Great pictures -thanks for posting them....like the roadglue rip off cool.gif
What photographic equipment did you use?
-J.Seymour
Curvie Roadlover
3 year old Olympus D-340R digital camera (1.3 megapixels)
Curvie Roadlover
Brad, here's the car I got from you in its' current configuration- Fuchs, better tires, lowered front end, all cleaned up. driving.gif
Gint
Cool! Great pics.
Brad Roberts
Tom,

I still LOVE that color combo with the red/tan. Dont change it. It really makes that car stand out in the crowd.

Looks like you guy's had fun. Its good to see some sunshine in your pics.

B
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 26 2003, 11:03 PM)

Looks like you guy's had fun. Its good to see some sunshine in your pics.

B

NO SHIT!!
I didn't think spring would EVER get here!!!!!! clap56.gif
TJB/914
Hi Guys,
Sniff, sniff, tears, I wish I could come out & run with you guys, but I can't keep up to your six's (just kidding). Looking forward to the VW meet with you guys on May 18th. in Ypsi. MI. I recognize the road. Huron River Drive along the Huron River near Ann Arbor, MI You probably stopped at the Apple Cider Mill along the way, Tim's favorite stop. Keep on rolling guys, & see you when I get my 914 out of storage next week.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Apr 27 2003, 05:14 AM)
. I recognize the road. Huron River Drive along the Huron River near Ann Arbor, MI You probably stopped at the Apple Cider Mill along the way, Tim's favorite stop. Keep on rolling guys, & see you when I get my 914 out of storage next week.

Good eye, Tom! Huron River Drive. No Cider mill though. We went to Dexter for lunch at a place that I think was called Easy Street. Sorry you didn't make it. Looking forward to seeing you in Ypsi.
TJB/914
Hi Guys,
Forgot to say It was great to see Tim in his original 356 speedster. He bought it over (30) years ago for something like the current cost of (15) pairs of NIKI shoes. For those who don't know Tim, he also has an original low milage 72 914. He is my former neighbor & helped me throughout my 914 restoration. His 914 was next door and I took many visits to his garage to verify parts location. Best neighbor I every had.
Gint
Tom Bliznik:

Please post some pics of that beautiful car of yours in the Members 914 pictures thread.
Aaron Cox
cool pics....gotta love that blue six! ITS PURDY! biggrin.gif
Lawrence
Some beautiful cars... I used to live in Michigan, and my father still does:

Yeah, Brad. Tan and black, tan and red, tan and yellow. The tan interiors are very classic. On most cars, they don't look a bit dated.

-Rusty
Hawk
Alas, the 914, just a distant reflection of the 356 speedster. An even more artsy shot (take that Tom!). :flower:
Curvie Roadlover
Hawk, I know you took more pics that the artsy one. Let's see 'em!! Here's one of the BS Chairman following behind me.
AZ914
Curive!

Very nice!! I especially like the first pic.. how far were you hanging out of the car when you took that one?
Curvie Roadlover
Andy, thanks for the avatar change. LMAO!!! beer.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Apr 28 2003, 09:19 AM)
Curive!

Very nice!! I especially like the first pic.. how far were you hanging out of the car when you took that one?

I just made sure the cameras' lanyard was secured to my wrist, then stuck my arm out the window and clicked the button. I took about 4-5 like that and posted the best one
Demick
Is the the 'roadglue ripoff' picture you were talking about? I took this a couple years ago on a Roadglue drive.

Demick
'74 2.0
Curvie Roadlover
Yep, that's the one. Thanks for the inspiration for that shot, Demick. I wasn't sure who took it but at least I didn't try to take credit for the idea. That was a great shot, Demick. wink.gif
mr914
Wish I was there guys.

I was busy dropping the motor on #269
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.