Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heated rear window
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michaelmoo
Has anyone changed there rear glass to the heated glass. Also does anyone have pictures of the heated rear glass.

Thanks,

Michael Moore (The non-fat one)
SirAndy
QUOTE(michaelmoo @ Aug 6 2004, 09:26 AM)
Has anyone changed there rear glass to the heated glass. Also does anyone have pictures of the heated rear glass.

yes. no.

you'll need additional wiring and connectors and a dash-mounted switch.
the original parts are very hard to come by.
some cars came with the wiring (in the main harness), some didn't.
there's a empty 2-prong connector on your relay-board where the wires from the glass plug into. (it's fused there too). if your main harness doesn't have the wire, you need to run one from your dash to the relay board.

i know brad has probably 5 heated rear windows in his shop.
wink.gif Andy
davep
Almost all Canadian cars got it. It was a standard option here.
airsix
Yeah, Andy only says "hard do come by" because he's in California. I'm in Washington State and I've never seen a 914 WITHOUT a heated rear window.

-Ben M.
SirAndy
QUOTE(airsix @ Aug 6 2004, 12:31 PM)
Andy only says "hard do come by" because he's in California

around here, it's easier to find a LE in good condition than to find a rear-defroster window + hardware ...

unsure.gif Andy
East coaster
Don't know if it will show up very well, but here's a pic of the heated rear window on my 500 buck ebay purchase 914. I really don't know if it works though, I've never tried to turn it on?? You can just see the little yellow/orange lines on the rear window.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.