Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: power without engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
I have the engine out and while waiting for some parts, I figured I could check the front directional. I took the power wire from the bat to starter and covered it as to not hit the body and ground out. With battery connected to pos and neg I dont have any power? Do you need to have the engine in to get power?
Mueller
check your relay board, sounds like something is not connected...you should have 2 power lines going to relay board, and 2 power lines going directly into the drivers/pass compartment (I think, I could be totally wrong, LOL)
smrz914
It might be me but i'm confused as to what you are trying to do. I think you are trying to check the turn signals. The engine is out of the car but the tranny is still in, or the engine and tranny are out and you starter is hanging in the air.

There should be other wires going from the positive battery terminal to the car. The car doesn't get it's power from the thick starter cable.
ruddyboys
Engine and trans are out. Figured I would have power to the rest of the car if I connected the battery. The wire that goes to the starter is doconnected from the starter and I covered it as to not ground it out. I need a couple of parts before putting the engine in, so I wanted to check the directional signals that I have problems with.
McMark
It should work. How long has your battery been sitting?
ruddyboys
Its only been sitting out of the for about 2 weeks. I will check the connections again tomorrow. I must have pullled a wire while I dropped the engine.
McMark
Check that the battery is not dead as well. If it was going bad, two weeks without a boost will kill it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.