Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/8 is on the road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nocones
Well my 914/8 is on the road in anger so I guess it's time for an introduction. type.gif
I've been lurking here for a little while, asking the occasional odd question.

This is technically my third 914, though only the second one that ran. I have been playing with sportscars for about 9 years (I'll be 25 next month). Started with Datsun 240Z's and still have one (a 1970 F-Prepared Auto-X 914/6 eater). driving.gif
I always thought a 914 would make a fun street car so after a few wrong turns I ended up with my current hotrod.
The car:

Black 1974 914, originally a 1.8
911SC suspension and brakes
Bilstien struts, monoballs on top, poly bushings (squeeky) and front sway bar.
Boxed trailing arms, reinforced suspension points/rear shock towers
flaired rear (not sure whos they are)
Chevy ZZ3 Hi-Po crate engine w/ sanderson headers, HEI dizzy, and Holley mech. 650cfm
rated at 358hp, 370 some odd Tq.
915 transaxle w/ Quaffe LSD
Fuchs for the street, cookie cutters for the slicks
Probably more I am forgetting...

The nut behind the wheel:

I live in Santa Rosa, CA (it's about an hour North of San Francisco)
With my lovely girlfriend Debra and our two dogs (a boxer and a mut).
I am an R.T.(T) which means I make my living as a Radiation Therapist (I treat cancer patients with high energy radiation).
When I am not playing with sportscars I am riding motorcycles. Either my Kawasaki KDX220 dirtbike or my XR650RR Supermoto bike. (if you don't know what a supermoto is that's okay, look it up. Or better yet tune in to the X-games on ESPN this Sunday)
I also am fortunate enough to live three blocks from a state park where I can ride my Specialized Epic mountain bike several times a week.

Well, I guess that's it in a nutshell.
I think I will try to make it to Alameda Sat. morning for the auto-x to give the /8 a shake down. I hope to put some faces with the names.

Michael monkeydance.gif

74' 914/8
skline
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Let us see the monster you have created. I love a good conversion. Working on one myself and someday I will get to drive it.
nocones
I cannot take credit for the creation of the monster, I bought it as a runner.
A very nice gentlman by the name of Dave Barriger built the car.

I know, I know, pictures.

I will take a few this evening (I'm at work) and post them up in this thread and I'll contiribute to the nailed "readers rides" thread.

Michael monkeydance.gif

74' 914/8
Root_Werks
We wiat for the pic's man....... smoke.gif
joea9146
Hey... hey....
neo914-6
Michael,

So you got Dave's car! Congratulations, it is a nice example. He brought it to our last Porsche V8 meet in Milpitas a few months ago. V8 Day
There are more pics on Renegades website.

PM me your email address and I will put you on the Porsche v8 distribution list for future events. There will be one in a month or two.

Felix
scottb
icon_bump.gif
nocones
Yea I was browsing through the "what do you look like" thread today and saw your avatar Joea9146.
My bouncy girl gif seems to be broken anyhoo, I'll have to replace it.

confused24.gif
nocones
Alright, Pictures it is...

Here I am with Dave the day I bought the car. (I'm on the left)
nocones
And a few more...
nocones
another...
nocones
Hmmm... how about the heart.
nocones
What a cute butt. Gotta love those big hips. wub.gif
nocones
It looks like other obligations will keep me from attending the autoX at Alameda this weekend. monkeydance.gif

74' 914/8
Andyrew
Interesting cage behind the trani... Tail shift... cable shifter?

Got any radiator pics?

Lookin good!!

edit... hehe, just read the 915 part... ha.
nocones
Andyrew,

The cage was built to protect the end of the 915 box and all the shifting linkage (it all sticks striaght out the rear). The whole thing sticks out a little more than the stock 1.8L/901 combo. The linkage is a hybrid arraingment of some sort (to lazy to dig up the records at the moment). It seems alright, very different feel than a 901 box. Shifting is kind of heavy and I have to be very firm and direct with gear changes.
I'll take a radiator shot a little later. It is the renegade setup, AL. radiator, dual fans, AL. shrouding, and cutouts in the inner fenders for hot air to exit.

This car makes me feel funny. happy11.gif
I think I should get a good radar detector and maybe some counseling on self restraint. burnout.gif

Michael monkeydance.gif

74' 914/8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.