Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tomh
72 914 2.0 side shift
converted to 2.0 with side shift trans by High Performance House
engine resealed new lightened flywheel, new clutch, with factory FI
Trans installed with all new bushings and sport mounts
all this work was done July 2010
comes with factory 1.7 and tail shift trans for spares,both in good working order
new wheel bearings front/back
new KYB struts front, new Bilstines with 140 # springs rear
new rotors rear new pads front and back
stainless heat exchangers xct.contition/Bursh 2.0 header
No rust and repainted stock color...gold metalic,painted March 2010
new winshield
restored Riv's with 185/65 Firestones,
new floor mats, seats and interior great shape,has dash cap
VDO oil temp and pressure gauges
Have only driven car 500 miles since conversion,runs great and strong
Rich at High Performance House can answer questions about the conversion
Asking 7500.00 car is in San Jose CA.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Slick914
Sent you a PM.

Looks like a nice, solid car.
mepstein
Looks Great!!!
914.SBC
I really like your car. Im attracted to the mustrard color. Good luck with the sale. icon_bump.gif
pt_700
i had the pleasure of meeting tom and taking a little ride in his beautiful car sunday. tom's very knowlegable of 914s and his car reflects that. he's a straight shooter and i'd trust he'd reveal any details of it that he's aware of. a very clean, straight and solid ride!
porschenstock
Tom, did you get my PM ??
I am very ineterested so please answer. hissyfit.gif
Slick914
Guys, Tom seems like an honest guy and answered any/all questions that I had about his car. I was interested in buying his 914, and even made an offer. Unfortunately with high shipping costs and all, I couldn't come up with enough to purchase the car. This car sounds like a nice, solid 914 that isn't plagued with rust issues. Hope it finds a good home!

I also want to thank pt_700. He was kind enough to look at the car for me and even took additional photos and a video. I really appreciate you taking the time to help out a fellow 914world member!
Kraftwerk
I am glad to see my car has such a good looking cousin!
Gint
I love this car. icon_bump.gif If I were in the market, we'd be working out a deal.
matthepcat
I have seen this car in person. Great looking car, and enthusiastic owner.

I believe the rear metal valance is from my car.

Good luck!
tomh
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Nov 28 2011, 12:03 PM) *

I have seen this car in person. Great looking car, and enthusiastic owner.

I believe the rear metal valance is from my car.

Good luck!

Yes Matt is me,glad you remembered.Your valance and bumpers worked out great.
Love your V8 car
xsJerry
Your car looks sweet. I'm not crazy about the color, but I bet it looks a lot better in person. I am hot for acquiring my first 914, but it's going to be a while before I can make it to the bay are; hope you still have it.
Gint
I have to ask; Why are various pieces of sheet metal painted black? The inside fenders in the front trunk, the underside of the rear trunk lid, the left door panel, etc...

How long have you owned the car? Any more pictures? How does the hell hole look? And for that matter, the jack points, inner fender behind the battery, engine shelf under the battery, rear suspension consoles and the like?
tomh
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 28 2011, 08:55 PM) *

I have to ask; Why are various pieces of sheet metal painted black? The inside fenders in the front trunk, the underside of the rear trunk lid, the left door panel, etc...

How long have you owned the car? Any more pictures? How does the hell hole look? And for that matter, the jack points, inner fender behind the battery, engine shelf under the battery, rear suspension consoles and the like?

The previous owner started all the black painting,he painted the body blue and then started painting all the different inside panels black.I ran out of money building the car so I just repainted the body the origional color then just touched up the black.Thats the story on that,Their is no rust on the car if you want pictures let me know.I would not sell a rusty car to anybody!
Thank you
My #is 408.640.7662
markyb
Tom,
Any idea of the total mileage on the car? Any leaks? Is the spare engine and trans original to the car ? If possible, I'd like to see pics of the door jambs where the prior owner did his black paint spray job .

It looks very clean, and the color is great...

Thanks,
Mark
tomh
QUOTE(markyb @ Nov 29 2011, 08:27 AM) *

Tom,
Any idea of the total mileage on the car? Any leaks? Is the spare engine and trans original to the car ? If possible, I'd like to see pics of the door jambs where the prior owner did his black paint spray job .

It looks very clean, and the color is great...

Thanks,
Mark

No leaks except the angel drive for the spedo in the back of trans,it drips a little.
No idea of mileage on car,the 1.7 and tailshift trans that come with the deal are original and in good working order. the car is very clean and rust free.if you e-mail me at tomrhansen@yahoo.com I'll send the pics you want.just list them in the order you want.
Thanks
tomh
I posted my # wrong,its 408.640.7662
sean_v8_914
bow-chicka-bow-bow
no cars on the road in that unique color.
tomh
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Dec 1 2011, 06:23 AM) *

bow-chicka-bow-bow
no cars on the road in that unique color.

Thats the stock color...gold metalic
danimal14
Wow, what a great car. I'm looking to purchase a 914(my first) next month. I live in Salt lake city, Utah. Would you trust the car to drive from San jose to Utah? Does everything work (heater, lights, ect) and will it pass a state saftey inspection? I'm not looking for a project. I'm looking for a true daily driver! I assume you have the title in hand?

Thats right in the ball park of what I'm looking to spend as well. This is a great car and I hope it's still available next month. It's likely that I'll have more questions later, but I'm tired now and I'm off to bed.

Thanks,
Daniel Higgins
danimal14
QUOTE(Slick914 @ Nov 15 2011, 03:19 PM) *

Guys, Tom seems like an honest guy and answered any/all questions that I had about his car. I was interested in buying his 914, and even made an offer. Unfortunately with high shipping costs and all, I couldn't come up with enough to purchase the car. This car sounds like a nice, solid 914 that isn't plagued with rust issues. Hope it finds a good home!

I also want to thank pt_700. He was kind enough to look at the car for me and even took additional photos and a video. I really appreciate you taking the time to help out a fellow 914world member!

Do you still have those additional photos and video? I'd like to have a look.
tomh
This car is sold
Slick914
Congrats on the sale Tom. beerchug.gif

I guess this means you won't be contacting me to say you changed your mind about my offer. sad.gif
911cab84
QUOTE(tomh @ Dec 7 2011, 02:15 PM) *

This car is sold

Congrats Tom!!!
xsJerry
It took me about a week and a half to decide I liked the Gold. Too Late. I'm sure someone deserving got it.
Kraftwerk
Metallic Gold was a $173.00 option in 1971. I love mine. It a great period-correct color for the 914. I wonder who the new owner is?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.