Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.7 emission system
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore4
Hi all, Have a 2.7 to go in my 914 and I'm curious if the air injection system needs to be included. confused24.gif

joe b.
Joe Bob
For smog? Dunno, what is the cutoff date for smog checks in your state?

If yur 914 falls inside the smog checks, you will "normally" need to install ALL the smog crap, whichs includes the thermal reactors.

Unless you can convince them FI/CIS was never an option on the 914.....point to the 914/6 with carbs. You might get away with it.....you might start talking with local wrnches on the smog regs and somebody at the state office.

You might get lucky and run into a smog weenie that is a car nut.
tryan
air injection is to oxidized unburnt fuel in the exhaust to help keep the cat clean. it made the 2.7 run hot causing the head stud and vavle guide problems. since you are gutting the stock 911 2.7 exhaust, i would remove it.
nomore4
So that's junk with the exhaust. Do I cap off the injection fittings. Also wondering if there is a cover to replace the plastic inlet for the air pump.

Thanks, joe pray.gif
Lawrence
Correct me if I'm wrong... I thought it was the addition of thermal reactors to US models that caused the 2.7 to run hot. Is that the air injection you're referring to?

-Rusty
tryan
rusty, yup, a combo of all of the above. thermals did cause the heat. air injection just diluted the exhaust. 74 i think was the only year of air injection without the thermal/egr stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.