Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clean out The Cap'n's stash!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
OK, I'm officially up to here with the pile'o parts. "Pretty much" EVERY used 914 part in the shed and shop has gotta go (the tail lights and lenses are NOT included in the freebies), and this is your chance. I don't even know what's out there anymore, but I want it gone. FREE, unless you choose to make a donation. Bring a truck, a van, a pickup and maybe a trailer. Oh, no trades, and I won't ship it anywhere, especially Nigeria. DO NOT have your shipping agent call me, and I won't take your bank draft in the amount of $5000. 9 AM in Santa Maria.

You want tail dragger parts? I have those, too .....................

You're seeing this here and nowhere else! At least for now .............................

The Cap'n
hwgunner
WAAAHOOOOOO!!!!! you can stop at my place AFTER you go to John's. I will be here and have some freee stuff too. Also have other tid bits. beer3.gif

jonathan
hwgunner

BajaXJ92
Should I book a flight? confused24.gif
Cap'n Krusty
If they'll let you bring a truck in your carry-on ................

What gets picked out here leaves here. The scrap guy will stop by early the following week.

The Cap'n
rmital
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 12 2011, 12:34 PM) *

.... EVERY used 914 part in the shed and shop has gotta go....FREE, unless you choose to make a donation.

this never happens on the East Coast....
markb
If you leave now, you can be here by next Saturday...... smile.gif
EdwardBlume
My wife is driving through Santa Maria tomorrow. Can you throw a box of stuff at her?
pcar916
If I were on that end of the country I'd stop by for a look at the Krusty pile and a cup 'o joe... or scotch.
914rat
Is the Cap'n a fan of the single malt?
bcheney
Cap'n....This is one helluva offer....This community is fortunate to have you with us...good luck to everyone out west who stops buy and gets part of this stash!
Mike Bellis
I'll bring my truck. What's the address? biggrin.gif
jeeperjohn56
Mike if you go, bring me back a black back pad in good shape and I'll pay you when you get back. John driving.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Nov 12 2011, 01:15 PM) *

I'll bring my truck. What's the address? biggrin.gif

To answer multiple questions, the address is:

105 East Mill, Suite B
Santa Maria, CA 93454.

And, yes, the Cap'n has been known to partake of the pleasures of single Malt beverages upon occasion. And particularly nice rums, ryes, Irish whiskeys, and Tequilas. Mostly obscure labels. Not too often, though, and in limited quantities.
Cash donations to wellbeing of my lifestyle are preferred. Whatever the beneficiary of the stash feels is fair. I just had to buy a new computer for the shop .....................

The Cap'n
Elliot Cannon
I'll be there. I need the upper steering shaft. The one that the wheel connects to. See ya next week.

Cheers, Elliot
Steve
Do you by chance have an early 915 29:21 fifth gear in good condition?
Drums66
QUOTE(markb @ Nov 12 2011, 11:23 AM) *

If you leave now, you can be here by next Saturday...... smile.gif

driving.gif driving.gif LoL
bye1.gif smoke.gif(c,mon capn breakout the ......)
matthepcat
I'll be in Paso Saturday.... Hmmm
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Nov 14 2011, 11:04 PM) *

I'll be in Paso Saturday.... Hmmm

60 more miles and you're in Cap'n country. driving.gif
McMark
I'm AXing. tongue.gif
Cap'n Krusty
"Axing".? A bit early to chop down a Christmas tree, isn't it?

THREE more days!

The Cap'n
keske968
I know you said no shipping but I would be more than happy to pay for shipping if i could get the tin that goes on the rear underside of the engine. Not sure if mine had it when it was taken apart or not. I believe those are the number 2 and 4 cylinders.
yeahmag
...of course I'm out of town that weekend.
Cap'n Krusty
Tomorrow's the day! 0900!Might rain, but the shed is sorta rainproof, and it's HUGE.

The Cap'n
hwgunner
I am ready!!! Will be waiting for people after they hit Johns. Have some give aways for those that come by. Be there at 8am.

piratenanner.gif
Black22
Really pissed I'm in LA and I have to work knowing there is treasure up north! mad.gif

hwgunner
The doors are open, the donuts are here and i am waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a914dude
Donuts=cop bait
Cap'n Krusty
Well, Bruce Stone, Slits, and Ellyut showed up, along with Dan Mc Caffrey, a local tenner type, and we got through about a third of the stuff. The rest of you snoozed and you losed. Bummer for you, good for the scrap metal guy.

The Cap'n
hwgunner
Just wanted to thank Slits, Elliut, Bruce and (I forget) for coming buy. Had a good time, got rid of some stuff and made some much needed room. piratenanner.gif
krk
Cap'n,

Like many, I really wanted to come by! Working a swim meet with the kinder.... life does intrude at times. I'll be up and setting up for day 2 in the rain in the morning. Yum. (they'll have fun tho!)

I'm open next week. Looking mostly for interior parts. (all of them. Anything. All of them. (Target car is "berift" of an interior. It's a 70 /6) Maybe a transmission.

Anyway, I'm in San Jose and can swing down early in the week. PM me if I can help move stuff.

kim.
Cap'n Krusty
This can't happen on a work day. Gonna do it again, probably in January, and every month or so thereafter. 22+ years of stuff needs to go away. While we filled 2 55 gallon drums and 3 smaller ones with scrap, and 2 large city trash barrels, and 4 recycling barrels, as well as a minivan, we didn't even make a dent in the piles. We cleared just about enough space to park a VW Vanagon ..............

I'll post again when we're ready to do it again. Lotsa trannys and tranny parts out there. Not much in the way of interior parts, though. Maybe some door panels.

The Cap'n
krk
Ah, I get it. I will be better prepared next time!

Thx for the update!

kim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.