Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Catch you later...off to start my 36+hr drive...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
time for our semi-annual drive from Northern California to Louisiana to do some home repairs (yep, a part-time job at In-and-Out looks real good right about now, I might make more money and not get hemorrhoids from driving so damn much, LOL)

anyways, I'll miss you all (okay, so I lied, make that one or two of you, hahahaha)

hopefully my 914 will be in one piece when we get back, I ran out of time and the poor thing must sit outside now since I have limited space in the garage.......

see ya all in week, wish me luck with the drive down and back and that I don't accidently drive a 3.5" nail thru my skull or p@cker in a freak home repair accident smash.gif laugh.gif
campbellcj
Having just come back from Huntsville, AL, I can definitively say it is NOT the time to be trekking to the South, weather wise! It was around 97°F and 90% RH....I guess the plus side is everything is really green, and their A/C works great! I was actually effin' cold sometimes indoors.

Just curious on the economics of driving vs. flying? Seems like gas, car wear, and petty cash on a roadtrip like that would easily be in discount airfare territory (my flight on Continental was $160 roundtrip). Not to mention saving 60 hours of your life that you'll never get back. confused24.gif
Jenny
He goes with his truck loaded full of toys. He's playing Bob Villa.

Jen
campbellcj
Gotcha...Tool Time.

Long-distance landlordship is not my cup of tea , but more power to Mueller if it works for him... sawzall-smiley.gif
Brad Roberts
He was sucked in by some family members...

B
Andyrew
Good luck man! And happy driving...

one word.. Books on tape.... lol

Andrew
Joe Ricard
So where abouts in Louisanna? Maybe I can bring some tools and my teener for assistance...
neo914-6
Mike,
Don't forget to check the building code book! laugh.gif
Felix
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.