Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OIL TANK
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
I'm entertaining the thought of making my own tank!

I need to know what's in there.

Baffling, venting, routing, etc.

Help me, 914club, you're my only hope.

Trekkor
bostonmeche
I don't have any info, but I second this request. There has got to be a way for us to reverse engineer this $800 oil can. I just got a Mig welder and a gas welder to do aluminum on the way. I need projects! smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif rocking nana.gif
Randal
Mr. T.

Are you talking about an overflow tank, reserve tank or what?
Brad Roberts
9146 oil tank.

I'm sorry.. my 911 engines cost a LOT to rebuild.

I'm not taking any chances with a homebrew tank.. the Vellios tanks where bad enough and he knew what he was doing..

The baffling has to be dead nuts on to get the air out of the oil.

I have a crunched 9146 tank you can cut up...

B
Aaron Cox
brad: any word on the replica tanks you were talking about? 1000 bucks for original cant be practical wacko.gif
Trekkor
Yes, Brad bring that tank to me and I will cut it down and do a picto-documentary for all to enjoy!

Alameda, if you please.

Trek needs more projects. welder.gif

BTW, I want to build in stainless. rocking nana.gif
brant
I've gotta agree with Brad... I've got a fresh supertec 2.0S that would cost $$$ to rebuild... I can't really justify saving 200 on a tank versus a motor rebuild.

I like my own welding skills, but I've seen too many stray pieces of welding rod inside of things I've closed up before.....

brant
Brad Roberts
The carbon tanks where a good idea but having a sail boat maker look into them wasnt...LOL Those guy's are wacked..

B
IronHillRestorations
Here is the link for the thread I started a few weeks ago.

PK cool.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...oil%20tank&st=0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.