Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Midwest Classic has begun!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
ejm
The weather is looking to be great...this is gonna be fun mueba.gif
Brad Roberts
Thanks ED,

Just spoke to a fellow today (Bill Shaw) who said he is on his way in a 74 2.0

Cant wait to see all the pics...

B
Jeroen
Have lots of fun and make sure to post lots of pics and stories!!!

cheers,

Jeroen
watsonrx13
Have a great time and agree.gif take LOTS of PICS.
rhodyguy
ahhhh. the gathering in the parking lot. fond memories. as each car drove in, a new friend to be made. have fun guys.

kevin
ejm
Better than 40 cars showed up for today's big event
watsonrx13
icon_bump.gif

OK, you guys have been there all day, now POST SOMETHING

Wow, talk about timing....
qa1142
smilie_pokal.gif

Looks like fun. Should have been 41 cars! but my daughter turned 13 today. Yes, teenager now (look out)

have a beer.gif for me beerchug.gif

Next year
ejm
Rick Ollah was here with the Alien
ejm
Nick's really nice Bumblebee
ejm
But by afternoon all the 914's had gone to Hell
Andyrew
Oh the good memories..

Andrew
robby750
Wish I was there but had to pay an electrician to fix lightning damage on my house, then my wife got sick. Hopefully next year.
JeffBowlsby
Nick? Who's that? I dont think Nicks Bumblebee is on the 914 LE Registry... confused24.gif

You know the dance...Owner contact info, VIN, chassis numbers...

Did the Creamsicle from last weeks post show up?

Hey Ed...MWC 2005 might have 2 Bumblebees attending! wink.gif
ejm
It was a no show on the Creamsicle sad.gif

Nicks car is in the registry...it's the Detroit car built 4 days after mine
This is one clean car...you could eat off these HE's
ejm
I'm sure there will be lots of great pictures posted as people get home.

Many thanks to all that organized and sponsored the MWC beerchug.gif

And thanks to Les for the seat in his beautiful and award winning -6 smilie_pokal.gif
Here he is taking on the Michigan twisties
Part Pricer
Nice picture Ed! Very artsy!

Can you take another one with a hot babe driving? w00t.gif Sorry Les! biggrin.gif
SLITS
agree.gif

OH YEA!!!

I remember a smile like that! biggrin.gif
seanery
I just got home.
Man, I got sunburned yesterday. wub.gif

I had a great time and want to thank the SMOG guys for a sweet event.
I met a ton of folks and felt like I've know some of them for a long, long time.
We had some long distance travelers, too.

Ed Morrow- Massachusetts
Qarl-Florida
Gint-Colorado
Eric-Utah
Rick-Minnesota
Kelly-Minnesota
A couple guys from Canada, too

Lots of Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois & Wisconsin folks too!
Eric_Shea
Man, I got sunburned yesterday.

Tell the truth! laugh.gif
jim912928
I also had a great time and met soooo many great people! I wasn't quite sure I'd get my car together for this but all things fell into place.

I'd especially like to thank Garold and Sean for following me up friday to make sure I'd have no issues. This was my cars "maiden voyage" after being torn apart and put back together over the past 8 mos. I literally was still bleeding brakes about 1 hour before Garold met me in South Bend. Overall I put 400+ miles on the car with the only issue having a very hard time getting my front trunk open!

Unfortunately I had to leave on noon saturday to make a graduation party...wasn't easy pulling out from amongst all those beautiful 914's. I was totally amazed at home many pristine cars are here in the midwest!

My trip home was uneventful (even though I kept it at about 80-85 on 94 and I80).

Thanks again to everyone who helped me make this event!

Jim

p.s. also, the organizers of this event did one super job...was very well put together!
GaroldShaffer
Jim,

So was your wife amazed that you didn't come on a flat bed smile.gif Hopefully you felt a little better on your "maiden voyage" knowing that you had such great 914 guru's traveling with you blink.gif laugh.gif It was great meeting you and you excellent 914.

- Garold
jim912928
The entire family was amazed and surprised! Can't wait for the fall foilage event you and Sean talked about.

Ironic side topic...when I stopped at the toll plaza on 80/90 to check things out (really to get a milk shake!) a guy walks up to me and asks if this was my 914...turns out he owns a 75 1.8 that is also silver and lives about 10 miles from me! Got his name and number and I'll try to recruit him for future events!

Jim
GaroldShaffer
Well I will extend the offer to caravan to the Fall Foilage Classic. Great news about the other teener you met. Hopefully he checks out the site.

off topic - I will be at the SCCA AX at the tire rack in South Bend on Aug 29th. If your out and about stop by and go for a ride. driving.gif You don't have to be a member to run your car either if would like. Cost $25 for non members.

- Garold
seanery
Jim,
Did you find Garold's secret gift?
jim912928
yep..stuffed behind the seat...my wife looked so perplexed when I presented it to her when I pulled up! lol
GaroldShaffer
Umm.... Your Welcome...... rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif lol2.gif
jfort
a really fun event. thanks to the guys from SMOG for organizing it.
Gint
It was great meeting all of you Michigan guys. I had a great time.

Good to know where the "secret gift" went. happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.