Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: friday night and life is guud!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
friday night and i'm relaxing before my big day at the colocation facility ( type.gif )

nothing like a cuban cigar, a pot full of rum-n-coke and the 914club bbs ...

so, what are you doing tonight?
drunk.gif Andy
SirAndy
without flash ...
SirAndy
and artsy rolleyes.gif
Howard
Andy, your pictures are getting fuzzier. Or it's the Stoli.
GWN7
Well my night is going to be like last night. I'm at work and we have a 8 story cold storage building that was built in 1907 on fire (burning for day 3 now). Just got back from it. Had a shower, changed clothes and a bite to eat. Waiting for the gong to go and we will be back at it all night. Just think, I could/should be in MI........ sad.gif

beerchug.gif
Jenny
Gathering stuff for the AX tomorrow.

Does the bottle of aloe go into the rum'n'coke, Andy? beer.gif wacko.gif

Jen
red914
mmmm... rum-n-coke. is it something good, like gosling black seal? haven't had a cigar in 3 years; what are you smoking? cohiba? please share. details, i mean. laugh.gif
Bruce Allert
Came back from seeing the Manchurian Candidate 'bout 6:30 & started on the new air cleaner retro-fit. Wanted to get the oil changed too before AX on Sunday. Got the air cleaner done & started the teener. Messin around with the idle & ECU when I thought I detected a knock.
SHIT! mad.gif

So I gave up for the night & finished watching Harry Potter. I'll go out in the morning & fire it up to see if I was just tired or if the knock is really there...

............b confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jenny @ Aug 6 2004, 10:31 PM)
Does the bottle of aloe go into the rum'n'coke, Andy? beer.gif wacko.gif

haha.
i'm not like you 'lil lady. me burns. big time ...

sad.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(red914 @ Aug 6 2004, 10:36 PM)
mmmm... rum-n-coke. is it something good, like gosling black seal? haven't had a cigar in 3 years; what are you smoking? cohiba? please share. details, i mean. laugh.gif

rum-n-coke with meyers rum (also called cuba-libre) beer3.gif
the cigar was a monte cristo. smoke.gif

here's a hint on how-to get them into the country:

go somewhere where it's not illegal to buy them (anywhere except the US),
buy a case. also buy a case of cheap-a$$ cigars. switch labels.
send them to yourself in a package.

smile.gif Andy
carreraguy
Suffering from 914 withdrawl - HPH is doing its usual magic - Brad will shortly publish a lessons learned on Ol' Yeller. Can't wait for the "new" early Fuchs and ES100's and I'll be out there with you guys on the autox course!

Off from work today. Fun time at Wheel Works today; new tires for the wife's wagon; they managed to scratch one of the alloy rims - luckily they admitted it and will pay for repair. Took so long for the tires to be mounted and the front end alignment (another story) I went to the movies nearby - saw "Collateral" - GREAT flick. First time I've seen Tom Cruise as a bad guy - great job, all the others were good too. Director (Michael Mann) was same guy that did "Heat", one of my other favorites.

Now I'm watching Travel Channel about Cancun hotels, sipping my single malt and eating lo-cal (sure) mexican food! Don't forget to Tivo the Porsche show on History Channel tomorrow am!
NoName
Watching music videos.
Rick_Eberle
It's already Saturday night here, but I spent my Friday night bouncing up and down to the sound of these guys in a smoky pub. rocking nana.gif

Then dragged my sorry arse out of bed at 5am to be at work at 6.

Rick
red914
mmmm... monte cristo. nice choice. i tell you, the rum-n-coke on ice looks mighty good.

you are obviously a man of very refined tastes. you should come up to seattle and go to the WINGDOME with dino, me, and some of the boys!
Allan
Just checking to see how youre feeling taday after the meyers last night blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Headrage @ Aug 7 2004, 07:38 AM)
Just checking to see how youre feeling taday after the meyers last night blink.gif

thanks for checking! feeling good ...

years of senseless alcohol abuse don't go unnoticed biggrin.gif

on my way to the colo for some heavy work, if i hurry i might be able to watch some AX this afternoon.
type.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(red914 @ Aug 7 2004, 07:27 AM)
mmmm... monte cristo. nice choice. i tell you, the rum-n-coke on ice looks mighty good.

you are obviously a man of very refined tastes. you should come up to seattle and go to the WINGDOME with dino, me, and some of the boys!

i'd like to. i might just take you up on that offer. wink.gif

never been to seattle (or WA for that matter).
i hear is pretty pretty up there, rumor has it the grass up there is green and not brown like around here!?
smile.gif Andy
red914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 7 2004, 07:23 AM)
i'd like to. i might just take you up on that offer. wink.gif

never been to seattle (or WA for that matter).
i hear is pretty pretty up there, rumor has it the grass up there is green and not brown like around here!?
smile.gif Andy

well,, mostly. we grow sissy grass up here. we just had a couple weeks of sunshine, and most yards are a bit on the brown side. everything else is green, though, including some roofs and parked cars (from the moss!). not something you see down in california.

is moss a rust inhibitor i wonder idea.gif
cooltimes
You titled the thread, "Friday night and life is guud".

agree.gif
Man you got that right. Cigar looked great and that coffee cup with the rum looks like you could put wheels on it and haul back their surplus of some good 914 parts if you ever get there to Washington. I won't mention what this 68 year old teener did on Friday night. May make some older people want to know my 914 excercise plan. Don't lose weight but talk about fun.....
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

tired!!!!

Cooley
Brad Roberts
Friday night and I was pulling a 3.2 engine out of a 9146 race car and installing a front sway bar into a 914 that didnt have one. Got home at midnight after being at the shop since 7:45 am. I was beat.

B
MattR
Played poker last night and passed the peace pipe smoke.gif.
PatW
Rum-n-coke?. biggrin.gif It's been too long since that has happend. drunk.gif

Thanks Andy.. Now I'm jones'n to go the Cigar Shop. And If I smoke in the House the wife will chair.gif

Pat
watsonrx13
Andy, an evening with a drink and a cigar, yes, that would be a great time.

My preference is a Merlot or Cabernet and a Monte Cristo or a Romeo-N-Juliet, ChurchHill-sized.

Since I live in the 'cigar capital' smoke.gif of the US, our choices are varied.

I've attended several special events (wedding, company Christmas party) and one of the featured attractions were several cigar rollers. They rolled the cigars right in front of you. There's nothing better then a freshly rolled cigar.

Now's the time to open the humidor, 'bullet' the cigar, grap a glass of wine and sit our by the pool. This is a view from my backyard deck. That's the 14th hole tee, par-3, over a small pond. It's very entertaining watching the golfers. I didn't realize that a par-3 meant you get 3 shots from the tee. (hahahahahahaha) biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
Hey Rob,

Do you have a room to rent ?? I build 914's and do some computer work. I also clean pools and wipe screened porches down.

B
Howard
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Aug 7 2004, 07:27 PM)
There's nothing better then a freshly rolled cigar.

No kidding! Not Appropriate for Work

Rolled With Love...
Brad Roberts
You cannot beat C-cups on thin girls...

B
Toast
Spent my friday night getting my stolen truck back and storing it, this happens right after my back-cracker appointment.

Spent my saturday night cleaning up the mess in my truck, putting out a wiring fire that spontaneously occoured mad.gif and cleaning some more.
Also worked on the 914 and got it to run!!! mueba.gif Also had her interior polished. wub.gif

Its now Sunday morning and i'm going to bed. Maybe Sunday night I will have my smoke smoke.gif and a drink beer3.gif .
GWN7
You got it back? Where? How? Who? Inquireing minds want to know? congrats beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.