Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Phoenix / Tempe Az
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michaelmoo

Going to Tempe for a weekend with my wife. Anyone know of some great restaurants or places to see?
michael7810
Plenty of great restaurants in downtown Tempe (Mill Ave near ASU). La Bocca, House of Tricks, Cafe Boa, and Thai Elephant to name a few. Four Peaks is a great micro-brew & food also. The desert botanical garden is close by and usually has events/music this time of the year. Last weekend was the Chocolate & Chili festival. PM if you have more questions, i live near downtown Tempe. If you're really bored come over and help me put my webers back together...it's driving weather in Phoenix. Have fun.
stugray
Daisy Mae's Steak House.

I have only tried the one in Sierra Vista, but I hear there is one in Tucson now.
Best steaks or pork chops I have ever eaten. chowtime.gif

Also, if you get down towards sierra vista, then you have to stop by Tombstone & Cochise Stronghold.
Cochise Stronghold is a beautifully hidden valley that is like paradise in the middle of the desert.

I worked at Fort Huachuca for about a year and got to explore that whole area.
If you are really into exploring, I might even be able to tell you how to find this guy who makes jewelry, purses, & leather work with rattlesnake bones.
He lives in a trailer in the middle of nowhere near tombstone.
His work is amazing. He has an unattended trailer FULL of artwork, jewelry, belts, boots, etc.
Pick what you want & leave the money in the coffee cup.
Very trusting type unsure.gif

Tombstone also has some really nice art studios & bead work shops.

If you see a vendor on the side of the road selling authentic Indian pipe-stone, I would pay you (or trade parts) for a piece the size of a fist.

I should have taken advantage of that back when I first saw it, but didnt.
It is very hard to come by, but my wife is native American, so we are entitled to a piece sunglasses.gif

Stu
jasons
I will second House of Tricks, Boa, or Four Peaks. I used to eat at Boa when it had like 4 tables in a rundown location next to Long Wongs (R.I.P. that was a great bar). Also, I have soft spot for Monti's La Casa Vieja. Its not the best steak in town, but still a great restaurant.

Lots to see and eat in downtown Scottsdale too.

Wife, son and I went for a little 90 minute pleasure cruise on Saguaro lake this weekend which would be nice for outoftowners. We saw 2 or 3 bald eagles even.

Are you in town for fun or work? What are you looking to do here?

BIGKAT_83
I'll also be out in Scottsdale this weekend for the Goodguys Hot Rod show.

Bob
casey944
four peaks/kilt lifter

end thread.

miss it so much sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.