Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear brake line turmoil
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
so im working on swapping trailing arms (eric shea 5 lug's) and installing stainless lines in the rear. all is going well....until it's time to take off the old rubber lines from where they meet the body's hard line. had a f-in time with the clips that hold them in place. finally...got one out. that side is done. then the other side...cant reach the clip with anything... so i figure, hey i can get the 11mm wrench on top and the 17mm on the bottom....lets loosen it first headbang.gif .... then... the hardline snapped at the fitting. headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

so..im off to steal a hardline from the prop valve to the right rear brakes...man..this f-in sucks. my heart just sank..... so...another 10 f-in hours its gonna take to install this hardline! yay for me smash.gif finger.gif

rant over.....
Ctrout
That's one of the things that I love about this board. Just when I think I'm having a bad day with my car, I read a post like this and see that my day is not so bad after all. Man, I feel for ya. I get frustrated when something sets me back an hour or so. I just did the brake line upgrade about three weeks ago so I know those rears are a pain. I think I got those clips off by grabbing the tab that sticks up with a small pair of needle nose pliers. Took me a while to come to that resolution though.
Aaron Cox
life is good now.... for all. took a line off one of my other parts cars. should be straight forward. 20 min max.....

glad i brightened someones day wink.gif

im ok now...really. i am
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Ctrout @ Aug 7 2004, 05:21 PM)
I think I got those clips off by grabbing the tab that sticks up with a small pair of needle nose pliers. Took me a while to come to that resolution though.

first thing i tried....and me with my frankenstein hands, hard to get up in there....
oh well...life is Gud beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.