Nice course, Randal! clap56.gif

Come out tommorow with us.
Trekkor
#2 car...914's get it done!

Over 80 cars today.
Trekkor
This was a fun car to watch.
Brad Roberts
Just finished eating dinner with Tim Fleming (PCA Zone 7 President..owner of the red 911)

B
Trekkor
I felt bad. Tim followed me in to Alameda offa I-80.

I got us both lost...oops confused24.gif

Still got there around 7:45 though.

FYI, take Atlantic not Pacific wink.gif

Trek
Brad Roberts
Tim and I spoke at dinner about Parade and the return trip. Both of us stopped for gas in Needles Ca. when it was 122 degrees. His truck was about to overheat. He put together a small party of Zone7 people in the hotel where we stayed in Ft.Worth.... it promptly was shut down within 45 minutes of starting... GGR/LPR/SAC people are a rowdy bunch...LOL

B
Trekkor
When it's 122...even *I* get rowdy. cool_shades.gif

KT
EdwardBlume
Thanks for the video of Marina... awesome footage. I will keep it and watch it for years to come. Thanks again, Rob.
Andyrew
HEY I know those people....

gah..

Dad told one of the past prez's of the yosemite region pca (good friend of ours.. Just sold his lot of 4 914's and a trailer full of parts) that I'm stuffin a v8 in my car... And that guy told the board... GAHH Now I cant do any events, like the concourse that I wanted to show in... Danget.. (was going to enter in a no loooke at engine entry.. hehe) Mary Ann and Bud are on the board, my dad is the web master... just reminded me of it..

woops rambling..

Andrew
Trekkor
Day two! Course run in opposite direction.

Steve Nieslony's car a blistering time of 57.417.TTOD smilie_pokal.gif
Trekkor
Close second is Andrew Blyholder with a 58.001
Trekkor
some of our 914 friends times:

Albert Corriea 103.820
Randal Barrick 103.897
Darren Doud 105.719
Britain Smith 108.335
Trekkor Wills 108.879 headbang.gif
Dave Darling 109.684
Bill Cook 110.310
Randal
Close second is Andrew Blyholder with a 58.001

They are building a 170HP hot rod 4 of this car. Now it has about 100HP, but weight wise it is very very light. Nothing is left in that car.
Trekkor
grid
Trekkor
grid
Trekkor
lt to rt:
Brad, DD, Randal
Trekkor
Britain and Randal
Brad Roberts
This is killing me. I need to speak with Jake about a engine for my Neislony killer. We need 180-190 reliable HP. I have the chassis/suspension pieces/tranny.. I just need an engine. We need about 7500-8k RPM.

Jake.. you reading ??

I even have a Tangerine header.... I even have all the core pieces...

I'll put RAT on the front hood and decklid.... hell I'll where a friggin RAT costume...LOL

B
EdwardBlume
IMO its way overdue for a RAT high HP motor making it out to the west coast.
Britain Smith
The coolest part of the whole thing...all three of us are all running the Falkins (tread wear of 200). I just added front (22mm Welt) and rear (stock) sways bars, and my little 1.7L does everything it can to stay up with the big guys. Very fast times for Darren and Trekkor has been pushing that car to the edge...getting faster every event. One of these days I will have to get a bigger motor to stay in the pack.

Darren Doud 105.719
Britain Smith 108.335
Trekkor Wills 108.879

-Britain
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(trekkor @ Aug 8 2004, 05:23 PM)
Dave Darling 109.684

...You forgot the headbang.gif icon on my time...

Ran 1:12s my first three runs. Decided that the six-point belts were f-ing with my head, so I forgot them and used the stock three-points. 1:09, whee!! I knew there was a 1:08 out there for me, from the very first run--and I might be able to ratchet the time down even further!

But I wasn't sure really where the time was.

In the afternoon, I started back at 1:12, and wound up bringing it down to 1:10... I just had no idea where I was leaving so much out there. (Actually, I think I have a pretty good idea where there was some "easy time" to pick up--now--but it's about 20 hours too late!!)

Oh well, I still took B-i. Mostly because Rob and Demick weren't running.

--DD
Jenny
Man, you guys are bringing me down. At the end of Saturday, I was starting to feel pretty good about my 1.18 plus one cone, so 1.19. smilie_pokal.gif

Can't wait to come out and play again. Alameda was indeed a great venue. Weather was spectacular, course wasn't as bumpy (as 3com), and the backdrop magnificent.

Thanks again to my instructors Randal and Rob, and to Trekkor for walking the course with me and showing me the lines. Oh, and Britian for getting me back onto S880 at the end of the day. That place is hard to find!!

Jen driving-girl.gif
J P Stein
There's a vid on the 911 bird board of a section of this thing.....made me salivate for that course. I can see where a semi-stock 914 would have a problem......but one with a good P/W ratio would kick booty. With all them runs, even an old fart like me could work up the balls to keep the hammer down....I had a similar experience at PIR, Sunday, but our 3rd gear "straight" wasn't straight biggrin.gif
Trekkor
I have in car video footage of all of my 8 runs.
I can learn from this.

Like Dave said, a little late though. biggrin.gif

My first run was nuts wacko.gif . Did a 180 just past the finish.
I had to make a three point turn to avoid cones or a DNF.

Slip writer says: " thanks for not tripping the lights a second time!" .

That would of been trouble and a lot of re-runs.

KT
Britain Smith
There's a vid on the 911 bird board of a section of this thing

I can't seem to find it...can you post a link?

-Britain
J P Stein
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....20&pagenumber=3

3rd page, 2nd post from bottom.

No mention of the TTOD cars......figures. Must be tough on the 9eleben ego. I was gonna post a pic, but that file is waay to big for pelican.......damn, that's a nice car...even tho it has a 4 pooper biggrin.gif
J P Stein
Gud job, Andy.
Did you take them pix? biggrin.gif
Trekkor
Those are my pics.
Still captures from my video.

KT
GTeener
QUOTE(trekkor @ Aug 8 2004, 05:23 PM)
some of our 914 friends times:

Albert Corriea 103.820
Randal Barrick 103.897
Darren Doud 105.719
Britain Smith 108.335
Dave Darling 109.684
Bill Cook 110.310

Rob Ways did a 1.09.xx in my car with me in it on Sat.
Now I know what my car can do once I learn how to drive properly laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.