Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anybody done a -6 with porsche water cooled ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thelogo
I have seen some wild engine transplants in my year here in 914 world /

rotary , corvair , subaru , v8 , aircooled six is by far my favorite but , and type 4 works too chair.gif

if your gonna go watercooled , even though i hate radiators .

why not a watercooled six ??? for example is it as simple as sheeplove.gif : , get a boxster as a donor car and Transplant to 914 ? beer3.gif

other then it being cost prohibited , I know conversion's are expensive and

cannot be reversed . i,e[ huge radiators inlets ]

but I would think some one somewhere is doing or at least planning to do so

smilie_pokal.gif

And can anyone confirm that pistol pete drove nothing but hopped up bugs and finally a 911
yellowporky
I remember seeing a thread for a guy in Australia that put a boxster engine in a 914 but there was not enough clearance between the suspension ears.
Tom_T
Excellence magazine had a multi-part series on one, with addition 18.5 in the November 2011 issue.

Go to their website online & get the back issues for the step-by-step at your workbench side.
BKLA
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 14 2011, 08:17 PM) *

Excellence magazine had a multi-part series on one, with addition 18.5 in the November 2011 issue.

Go to their website online & get the back issues for the step-by-step at your workbench side.

WTF.gif Not watercooled, a late model (993) AIR COOLED motor.
campbellcj
There is a 911 (air-cooled) based racecar for sale on Pelican right now with a GT3 Cup engine in it...

I don't see the attraction for a 914 conversion, unless you got the engine free or super dirt cheap and had a lot of extra time on your hands beyond what it takes to do an air-cooled six conversion. IMHO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.