Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: San Fernando Valley and WLA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Impromptu, last minute Mulholland Hwy PCH tour Sunday. Meet at Denny's, Topanga Cyn @101 10am. 914 not required.
SLITS
I assume you were riding the bike chairfall.gif
Howard
Hope all you dead head lowlife types had a fulfilling day today while phantom914 (Andrew the eighth) and I tooled around Mulholland. Think I'll start posting at PP.

Mulholland
phantom914
I had a great time Howard. So when are the SoCAl 914 owner's going to start getting together? Do we need to start having monthly or semi-monthly 9:14 breakfasts? (no running 914 required smile.gif )

Andrew
Aaron Cox
cool pics man....

dang. wished i lived that way. 2hrs to get a funrun? i seriously thought about it biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(phantom914 @ Aug 8 2004, 10:10 PM)
So when are the SoCAl 914 owner's going to start getting together? Do we need to start having monthly or semi-monthly 9:14 breakfasts? (no running 914 required smile.gif )

Andrew

whenever you come south from LA wink.gif
phantom914
We could have them further east once in a while.

Andrew
TonyAKAVW
ARGH!! see what happens when I don't pay attention to the BBS for a couple days? I took the opposite route on Saturday with my wife. We too Sunset from 405 to PCH and then PCH up to Topanga Canyon and then back down 101. Gorgeous, but a lot of traffic. I'm sure you guys had a great time today.

-Tony
Howard
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Aug 8 2004, 10:01 PM)
ARGH!! see what happens when I don't pay attention to the BBS for a couple days? I took the opposite route on Saturday with my wife. We too Sunset from 405 to PCH and then PCH up to Topanga Canyon and then back down 101. Gorgeous, but a lot of traffic. I'm sure you guys had a great time today.

-Tony

LA county traffic and CHP activity just sucks. Andrew and I ran about 6 or 7/10ths through the beach and hill area of Ventura county without running into any real traffic. And that was at 11am. Do this @ 7am and you really have the roads to yourself.

Mulholland in LA county is more of a parade route where you show off your stuff. Too many radar guns and street racers to play hot dog.

Wanna have a south or east of LA run? Post it and they will come. This is just breakfast and bullshit, not an 'event'.
SLITS
Yeh, if you do, post it a few days before it is going to happen. Don't do like Dicknose and post it late at night, 10 hours before it is supposed to happen and expect a pile of teeners to show up. By the time I saw it, buttlips would have already ingested a side of beef for breakfast chowtime.gif

Greetings Howard grouphug.gif
Toast
Of course, a little more advance notice would be nice. I saw your post at 1:30 am on Saturday night (I know, im a dead beat, but I had just gotten home from working on the teener, so I had a viable excuse smoke.gif ). Like Friday day would have been better. Plus, I was in Big Bear. So...... pissoff.gif
Howard
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 9 2004, 08:32 AM)
Yeh, if you do, post it a few days before it is going to happen.  Don't do like Dicknose and post it late at night, 10 hours before it is supposed to happen and expect a pile of teeners to show up.  By the time I saw it, buttlips would have already ingested a side of beef for breakfast chowtime.gif

Greetings Howard grouphug.gif

Ron, glad to see the meds are working. Matter of fact, I just asked admin to create a nailed section where local types can post their 'breakfast club' events. Looking forward to your Fontana twisty road tour icon8.gif

Love,
Dicknose aka Buttlips

PS. I'm not fat, just height impaired.
SLITS
And just how many bullet holes did you come home with on your tour of the West Valley (Pacomia, etc)? ar15.gif

Hey, here in the East Valley (Fontucky), they're still throwing pitchforks and they can't reload their muskets fast enough to hit a slow moving teener. slap.gif

Damn, you and the admins are getting tight - should I address you as "Sir Buttlips"? icon8.gif

smoke.gif I need more meds! wacko.gif

Big Kiss w00t.gif

"See you in September..................,"
campbellcj
Slits...I think "our" definition of the West SF Valley is about 20+ miles from Pacoima! More like Woodland Hills...you only need a 9mm in the car there, not an Uzi wink.gif

Anywayz...I -might- be able to join you guys for these drives with a little more advance notice! The last group canyon run I did was already 3-4 months ago and my car hasn't even been started up in 4-6 weeks unsure.gif

I have mucho work to do on it for the Fall track events but I could probably keep it in one piece for a few hours on a coming Saturday/Sunday idea.gif
Howard
Take the Audi! This is just R&R, not a race. chatsmiley.gif
Howard
Let's try this again. Sunday 7am Coco's 101@Las Virgenes (Malibu Cyn). Return there @ 8:30 for breakfast and second run for you late sleepers. No racing, Porsche not required, no whining that you can't make it or that it's too far. Show up if you want biggrin.gif
phantom914
Hmmm idea.gif Sounds tempting. Will you throw in some free pancakes? biggrin.gif

Andrew
SLITS
I'll show if Howard rides the bike bootyshake.gif
Howard
Bump!
Looks like we have 6 911's, 1 or 2 Vipers, 1 Kawasaki, and one effin 914. Here I am, trying to defend the club's honor with a stock 2.0 4 banger. You guys are wimps! 7am Sunday, Carrow's (OOPS, MEANT COCO'S. SENIOR MOMENT) 101@Las Virgenes Road, Calabasas.

Slits, come up Saturday, fix the V8, and you can use it. Really wanna see Andrew on the bike..He's at least 6'6''. Yes I'll buy you pancakes.
TonyAKAVW
I'll be there this time, with 914. Only a 1.7 though. wink.gif

hehe. Andrew on that motorcycle. I can just imagine. Poor guy barely fits into his 914. We ought to start a fund for buying Andrew a smaller steering wheel.

-Tony
mikester
I get lost easy...

Which carrows is it on this list?

http://www.carrows.com/locator_california.htm
phantom914
No wonder you get lost. It's at Coco's. biggrin.gif

Try the first on this list:Coco's

Andrew
mikester
I'm a g0d damn idiot eh?

biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Howard @ Aug 13 2004, 12:46 AM)
Bump!
Looks like we have 6 911's, 1 or 2 Vipers, 1 Kawasaki, and one effin 914. Here I am, trying to defend the club's honor with a stock 2.0 4 banger. You guys are wimps! 7am Sunday, Carrow's 101@Las Virgenes Road, Calabasas.

Slits, come up Saturday, fix the V8, and you can use it. Really wanna see Andrew on the bike..He's at least 6'6''. Yes I'll buy you pancakes.

Naw - Howard is the idgit - he posted Carrow's first blink.gif The rest of us are just fine.
mikester
smilie_pokal.gif
Howard
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 13 2004, 08:41 AM)
Naw - Howard is the idgit - he posted Carrow's first blink.gif The rest of us are just fine.

Didn't I say Coco's? I meant Coco's. It's at Coco's. Except Ron, you go to Carrow's. :finger2:
SLITS
Ok, I'll see myself at Carrows on Sunday chowtime.gif Absloutley challenging and intelligent conversation with myself will ensue. I might even grouphug.gif myself. wub.gif
Howard
Looks like we'll have a dozen or so on Sunday. Just to confirm, Coco's 101 @ MalibuCyn/Las Virgenes Road. 7am depart, 8:30ish return for breakfast (except Ron, go to Carrow's unless you're bringing toast).

This is a TOUR. Not a race. Flash your lights if you want to pass; driver in front Pull over and let 'em by!.

Also not a caravan. If you lose the guy in front of you, just look at map and proceed. In addition to PCars, we have one RX8, one Lotus 7 replica, and one Viper (red, of course).

map
phantom914
Howard,

Will there be an after breakfast second shift like you first suggested for the late risers? An actual 914 driver was interested in the second tour. Or should I tell him to meet SLITS at Carrow's? biggrin.gif

I want to go on both tours if you still plan on it. smile.gif

Andrew
Howard
Hey, little guy, it's probably party till you puke. Think Slits and Toast are coming, so we'll either make another run or get a shitload of Margarita mix or both (run prior to J. Cuervo, of course).
phantom914
If we make the run after J.Cuervo, we won't have to go look for twisty roads to drive twisty. biggrin.gif

Andrew
mikester
...Yeah...I got there a bit late - as you all were leaving so I promptly turned around in the parking lot to follow.

Well, I missed the turn to Agoura you all made and by the time ( 2 minutes tops) I was on agoura I'd lost you.

Oh well, earned my nickname today. Sorry I was late - just took longer to get there than I thought it would.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.