Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cam compatiblities
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
I have an Isky cam that came from an engine that I tore down. It has markings on the back of the gear of Vp282 and 4851. I have contacted Isky for explanation of the #'s, and await an answer. I recall the previous owner of the engine told me the cam had a 485 lift, so I'm "assuming" the 282 is the duration. Its been to the machine shop and has been polished, and machinist said its in great shape. If my assumtions are correct, What would be a good combo to go with this cam? The engine it came from had 94mm euro pistons and stock crank. I had so much fun building my 2056 with Raby 9550 cam that I'm ready to do another. Would this cam work with a 2270? I already have a set of empi 40 carbs complete so that is what I would be using with it.

All opinions will be appreciated no matter how bizzare (yeah, I know you guys pretty well) biggrin.gif .
Jake Raby
The 9550 is far from optimum for any 2270. I have utilized this combo in the past and it didn't do anything very well at all. The 9550 is designed for CR less than 8.5:1 and displacement less than 2.1 liters for optimum performance.
TheCabinetmaker
HUH? I think you misunderstood me Jake. I used the 9550 on my 2056 w/d-jet. I'm well aware of its limitations and what you made it for. I love my engine btw. I was asking what crank and displacement would work well with the isky cam.
jmill
I'm no cam expert. I do think it's strange your building an engine around a cam. I had and Isky cam in my VW .488 lift and duration of 265. It would lift the front wheels off the ground. It had a bunch of head work with chevy 2.02 intake valves.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.