Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally! finished the 914S just in time for Winter...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bill Meyer
Been working on my idea of a 914S for awhile now. This started last year as a stock 73 1.7 car. Essentially this is what I thought Porsche could have done instead of the 914-6, not that there was anything wrong with a 6, it just wasn't a sales success. This is a FI 2056 with around 110HP, 5 lug fuchs, 19mm front sway bar and 140lb rear springs. That's it really, not much different than a 2.0, just a nice bump in HP and some tighter handling. Wouldn't have cost Porsche any more to produce than the 2.0, but I argue probably has better performance than the stock -6 did.

Oh well, here it is just in time for winter storage. sad.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
You know that Porsche's marketing arm in the USA tried to initially market the `73 914-2.0 as the "914-S" - until Porsche in Germany put the kibosh on it!

Click to view attachment

Still it would've been nice back in the day, to get the same 110 hp out of the 4, as the original 2.0L 914-6's detuned `69 911T engine got - 110 hp!
driving.gif driving-girl.gif

I also am partial to the Beige interior - a lot cooler in a non-AC 914! biggrin.gif

Also, RJMIII on here does a really nice machined 914-S rear emblam, as I noticed yours has some kind of dents in it.

Nice job on a "what if 914"! smilie_pokal.gif
Ferg
Wow, very nice! Loving the green!! beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
Very cool ! Looks like a new car. smile.gif
broomhandle
looks like its says 914-5....

smile.gif
jmill
QUOTE(Ferg @ Nov 15 2011, 05:49 PM) *

agree.gif What green is that?
BajaXJ92
Very nice! smile.gif
dlkawashima
QUOTE(jmill @ Nov 15 2011, 04:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Nov 15 2011, 05:49 PM) *

agree.gif What green is that?

Yes, it's a beauty for sure. Looks like Willow Green, or maybe VW bus green ...
Jacob
OOOOO nice! thumb3d.gif
Bill Meyer
Thanks for the comments! It's originally Delphi Green, but this respray is a slightly darker tint, not so much yellow I guess.. I like it a little more than Delphi.

This is actually a badge from RJMIII, the dents are just water droplets I think. ..and I'll agree it does look like a 5 a bit, but it's the same font and style of the 911S badge, so that's just how they look.
kconway
Bill,
How did the engine work out? As you know, I never ran it so I was wondering if there were any issues? Car looks great!
windforfun
Sweet!!!

first.gif first.gif first.gif
saigon71
Awesome looking car Bill! aktion035.gif
3d914
Agreed - very nice. And the darker tint Delphi goes well with the tan interior.

ENjoy!
Bill Meyer
Hi Kevin, Motor turned out pretty good. Only real problem was the coil was bad, just fixed that today actually and have only put 5 break in miles on it... so I can't say too much about it's performance yet. Does feel nice and stong down low compared to the 1.7.
Michael N
The car looks great smilie_pokal.gif . The green with the sail panels looks great. I haven't been much of a fan of the sail panels in the past but lately seeing them on great looking cars makes me want to add them back on my car. Nice work on the restoration. aktion035.gif Are those 14" or 15" Fuchs?
Bill Meyer
Thanks Michael, I really like the vinyl sail panels too, seems different on every car though really, some look great without them.

Wheels are 15x6 on the rear, 15x5.5 on the front.
Cairo94507
I love the color and the car. The one thing I am not crazy about is the exhaust. Nice job.
rwilner
narrow body + 5 lug + 2056 = win

drooley.gif

Did you build the 2056 yourself? If so, did source the parts for the 2056 yourself, or did you purchase a pre-engineered kit? If not, who built it?

Bill Meyer
QUOTE(rwilner @ Nov 16 2011, 06:43 AM) *

narrow body + 5 lug + 2056 = win

drooley.gif

Did you build the 2056 yourself? If so, did source the parts for the 2056 yourself, or did you purchase a pre-engineered kit? If not, who built it?

Rich, A board member here, Kevin, had this motor built. It's mostly stock other than 98mm pistons and a balanced build. Lots of NOS FI parts too.

Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
Great looking car...about the exhaust is that a custom setup? Looks like the old 356 Abarth muffler style.
rwilner
QUOTE(Bill Meyer @ Nov 16 2011, 10:18 AM) *

Bill
What's the purpose of that cage in front of the impeller?
sean_v8_914
thank you for sharing your nice car with us
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.