Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 front suspension question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
I have access to a complete front suspension off a 1974 911. I read I can just remove the hubs, calipers, and struts and use those with the existing 914 parts. Is there any noticeable difference to just remove the entire thing and transplant it, or do those 3 parts really cover the reasons to do the conversion (brakes, 5 lug).

It's a 99% street car, /4 at the moment, /6 3.0L in the future.

Thanks.
SLITS
Buy the whole thing and bolt it in. All you are getting is larger torsion bars and the valving on the shocks matches them. Remove the rack that comes with it as the input shaft is longer / shorter than the 914 (don't remember which) and just use the 914 rack.

or

You can just use the strut assemblies and mate them to the 914 "A" arms as long as the ball joints are the same style on your 914.
patssle
Is there any reason the ball joints would be different? '76 914. And if they are, is that an easy thing to overcome?
jmill
I know the 75 and later 911 are the same. Not sure about the 74. You most likely will replace your ball joints anyhow. It's a PITA to get the nut off of them. I had to cut mine off. Just buy the right ball joints to match your strut and your all good.

Just checked Pelican. 74-89 is the same.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.