Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nurburgring poster with airborne 917
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
I found one for sale, I want one, it's $50.. do I buy?

(it's in good shape)
propricer
Beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder !!!
VegasRacer
Which poster? There are several that match your description.
Is it an original or a reprint? How big is it?
Many of the Porsche factory posters go for much more than $50.
It's gonna cost you more than $50 to get it framed,
or do you plan on thumb-tacking it to the wall.
Joe Bob
Buy one....go to Kinkos and make 20 copies....sell them,,,,
bondo
It's this one: (without the goofy lights of course)

nurburgring poster

I'm not so good at identifying porsche race cars.. is that a 917, a 904, a 906, or what?

It looked like an old poster, but maybe it's a weathered reprint.. that would be a bad deal smile.gif I'm not sure if I would trather have an original for $50, or a repro for $20... The $50 one was framed, but the frame didn't fit it perfectly and it was a cheap frame.
i love porsche
i have that in my room..i paid 35 bucks i think from performance products...along with the 24 heurs du mans 914-6 GT poster...good looking stuff
Martin Baker
PORSCHE 908 Coupe Type 1, 2.0 liter powered.
Martin Baker
Here is one from 1968. This is the Elford/Siffert car.
Martin Baker
http://www.autotrend.com/porschelist.html

Eye candy...
VegasRacer
Vic Elford sells signed photos and posters on eBay. He is a really nice guy.
(These are just the few he has listed right now. He has LOTS more.)

This one is my favorite ....
(I think the 914 is trying to pass)
If thats framed and all, then it is probably not an original. Bought my father the original factory poster of the #40 914-6 from LeMans in 70' for about $250 a couple years ago if i recall correctly. If originality isnt your bag (and it barely makes sense to me too) then get it and throw it up on the wall!

Probably the best displayed collection i have seen is in the Brumos garage down in Florida. Walls are covered with them, probably about 50 in all!!!
bondo
Does anyone know how to tell reprints from originals?
Martin Baker
Find someone who collects the originals, Elford will always be my Favorite Driver, Schumacher after that...
VegasRacer
QUOTE(bondo @ Aug 9 2004, 10:00 AM)
Does anyone know how to tell reprints from originals?

Look near the bottom of the poster. In tiny print it should say something like "Dr.-Ing.h.c.F.Porsche KG Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen Printed in Germany September 1970 Entwurf Atelier Strenger Foto Reichert". If it is an original factory poster the date will be in the '70's. If it is an authorized reprint the date will be much later. Both are very high quality. If it is a fake then caveat emptor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.