jester.gif
seanery
I saw it. It was real and it was there.

Oh, it was also in HELL!
SpecialK
WOW, an original 6 (legger)!
tod914
Jeff B.,

I spoke with some of the porsche judges in my region today. None of them had a reckolection of the grasshopper LE. They did remember the other 2. What one of them suggested is, researching the side stripes from Porsche to see if they were available in 74. Best we could do sad.gif
JeffBowlsby
Thanks Tod!

What I know about the Grasshopper:

Volkswagen of America made green stripes (Yellow, Orange, Black and Gold too) and they were sold though P-car dealers. These stripes were close, but NOT the same colors as the 914 LE stripes, which werte only installed at OsnaBrueck on the 914 LE cars.

The Porsche website lists the grasshopper (white-green) as available in its classic section.

A few long-time and well-known 914 guys have seen them in various parts of the country over the years. Redshift even said he owned one at one time...so they must be for real... wink.gif

The quest continues to find a real grasshopper awnd see the COA... rolleyes.gif
jouli
I read your post and totally agree with you.Its nice sharing.web sites are source of information and this is one of them I book mark it and mail all of my friends to must check it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.