Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need more luggage space ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj13IMKJlLI

I have no connexion with the company. Only found that interresting for 914 users...

http://www.boot-bag.com/
BajaXJ92
The only thing I don't miss about my '07 S2000 was the complete lack of trunk space. I couldn't even fit a golf bag in there. The motor and gearbox were phenominal though. I will own another one day. smile.gif
zymurgist
Cool! I have a friend who has an S2000. I'll have to show it to her.

914 guys don't have to worry about this, because 914s have a pair of "boots." smile.gif
Tom_T
Johannes, back in the day I used to pack both trunks - like a puzzle - to go on long road/camping trips with 2 people, and always found the 16 cf of the 914's 2 trunks more than adequate! biggrin.gif

Maybe I was just a good packer? confused24.gif

Also managed packing for 4 (wife & 2 kids) for 4-6000+ mile 2-6 week cross-country (USA) trips in our 88 Westy! smile.gif

This is good for the "trunk challenged" MGB, Miata, S2000, etc. crowd though!

Cool idea, but I'd want to make sure it didn't scratch up the paint from vibration/movement while driving on though trips.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Nov 16 2011, 12:46 PM) *

Cool idea, but I'd want to make sure it didn't scratch up the paint from vibration/movement while driving on though trips.

agree.gif That's why I never use a tank bag on the Ninja.
Mark Henry
When I was vending at the car shows I could pack all my stuff and two small tables in my 914. biggrin.gif
Most of the parts were small, but with careful packing I had larger pieces in it as well. People couldn't believe how much stuff I could get into it.
Also found out that if you put a 1000lbs of parts in your teen it squats like a lowrider.
shades.gif
pt_700
reminds me of the time i hauled landscaping rocks in my teener. placed 'em by hand (lodi cobblestones) in both trunks, probably around 1000 lbs total. just a short ride from yard to home, no problem!

tried half of that in bags (gravel) in my mercedes and tweeked the exhaust on my driveway...

i'd worry about the chafing as well. probably a good idea to make sure the trunk's very clean before mounting.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.