Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upholstery Opinions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I'm terrible with this kind of stuff, I even have trouble dressing myself. biggrin.gif

Does this material look like something you'd use on your seats?

Click to view attachment

Kev
Krieger
They'd make a nice blouse to go with a pair of Daisey Dukes on a brunette. biggrin.gif
bigkensteele
I don't think that you would be happy with it. At first glance, it looks like polka dots, which I doubt you are after. Black and white checkerboard or houndstooth would look good.
jaxdream
Depends on how much you have , or can aquire .It's really just a matter of how much do YOU like the pattern . Also is the material strong and rip proof so it can stand up to repeated pressures ( lard a$$ sitting on it for extended lengths of time ) . Most furniture and auto ( boat different class ) upholstery material is usually more heavy duty than clothing material , exception is denium , carhart style and such. The pattern to me doesn't appear too bad , i'd use it if it could hold up to afore mentioned specs.

Jack
kconway
The material is upholstery fabric but would need to be treated for stains and fading. It is kinda poka-dot like but with square "dots" not unlike houndstooth. The dots may be a bit small and look pretty "busy".
Black22
My interior has that material! I only know of one other 914 owner that has seats with that material. My seats and door panels are done with that. The other owner only has the seats. He told mr that it was a dealer option... confused24.gif
I'll post pics if you want, later when I get home from work.
RON S.
Kevin,

interesting post. The attached pics I've put up are of the seats that were in my 914/6 when I first bought it back in 1998.

My car was a European 914/6, and I never could find out if the upholstery in my car as I found it was legit issue or not.

The seats are currently sitting in storage as is, so at least the pics will give you some idea as to what you material may look like.
good luck,

Valy
QUOTE(kconway @ Nov 16 2011, 07:21 AM) *

I'm terrible with this kind of stuff, I even have trouble dressing myself. biggrin.gif

Does this material look like something you'd use on your seats?

Click to view attachment

Kev

White fabric get's dirty pretty easy and some of the white spots will become gray. This is very easy to spot and not nice.
If you're looking for a pattern, I would look for something darker.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.