Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy replacemet metal parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gisound
My son and I are about to start work on my 74 2.0 that I've had sitting for the better part of 12 years/ My question is where is the best place (read cheapest place) to get aftermarket sheet metal part such as the engine shelf an long. parts? welder.gif The future of this car depends on it.

Thanks,

Blair
Black22
Google - Resoration Design.
rallysport70
I concur. I am in process of (very slowly) replacing a few of the commonly rusted parts. Being that my car is from the northeast, it was not as bad as many I've seen. Understand all parts will require some modification, but I have not had any issues with any of the parts I have bought from Restoration Design (or Auto Atlanta for that matter). Good Luck! agree.gif
Tom_T
Restoration Design:
http://www.restoration-design.com/Merchant...tegory_Code=914

I think that Auto Atlanta also carries some sheet metal parts, as well as members on here, 914club.com, ClubNARP.com, Pelican Parts' classifieds, etc. selling off "extra" new replacement sheetmetal, as well as "clean/rust free 914" used parts from cut up body shells & full 914 rollers/shells which have good bodies in the areas you need (used/cut-up may be your most economical way to go).
gisound
Thanks for all of your help guys! I'll check restoration designs. AA seems to be a little too proud of their parts WTF.gif and from what I've heard the quality is not all that great.
billh1963
QUOTE(gisound @ Nov 16 2011, 03:02 PM) *

Thanks for all of your help guys! I'll check restoration designs. AA seems to be a little too proud of their parts WTF.gif and from what I've heard the quality is not all that great.

I have to say that I just ordered parts from AA and another "highly regarded" vendor on this forum. The AA parts arrived within two days and were just what I needed. The highly regarded vendor did not ship for almost a week after the order was placed (several excuses) and I still have not received the parts. Of course, the Highly Regarded vendor had no problem charging my debit card over $350 as soon as I placed the order...lol

So, the score for me is AA-1, Highly Regarded vendor - 0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.