Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slant nose poll
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnelliott
Was wordering what 914 club members think about chopping the fenders down on 914's to make slant noses. Does this devalue the car?
thomasotten
Devalue? Yup. More importantly, why hook on to an 80's fad, that will require permanent changes to your car? sawzall-smiley.gif (Oh boy, I bet I justed pissed someone off) If you want the slant nose look, go with the IMSA style front air dam. It gives you the slope nose appearance without having to modify the body.
URY914
I think the turn signals popping up from the hood/fender is part of the look of the car.

If you're going to whack them off, cut off the targa bar too.
But don't call it a 914.

(I know, tough talk from a guy that cut his car up. But I still want people to know its a 914.

Paul
drew365
Go with what you like. Piss on the rest! wink.gif
Steve
I agree whatever makes you happy!!
But I thought the slopenose didn't look right with the boxy stock targa bar.
I think that's why the factory boxed the front to make it match the targa bar better.
You will notice that most of the cool slopenose kits also streamlined the targa bar.
These kits (chalon etc.) make the 914 look like a late model Fiero.
Don't get me wrong I think the Chalon and late model Fiero's look really cool.
I'm just not a fan of Fiberglass!!

If you don't like the looks of the 914 you might want to try a kit or paint it black.
The Black color hides some of the boxiness.

-Steve
nebreitling
barf.gif

not a fan.
SirAndy
QUOTE(johnelliott @ Aug 8 2004, 01:35 PM)
what 914 club members think about chopping the fenders down on 914's to make slant noses.

blastphemy? hardly ...
pretty? absolutely not!

you asked.
biggrin.gif Andy
i love porsche
eeewwww..no way...ugly and nowhere near stock
thomasotten
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 8 2004, 05:21 PM)

If you don't like the looks of the 914 you might want to try a kit or paint it black.
The Black color hides some of the boxiness.

-Steve

Boxiness? Thems fightin words!

The 914 has the trickest profile out there. I spent an hour admiring my non-running POS yesterday. I want to know who started the "ugly duckling" deal that has stuck to these cars. ar15.gif
SGB
One would think it might look right, but it doesn't. Actually a slant nose 911 looks hacked tto me also, and every 914 that i have seen that has had its signal pods chopped looked very home-made. The lines just aren't ever right to me.
neo914-6
I think the turn signals popping up from the hood/fender is part of the look of the car.

They are prominent character features in the 914. The designers went to great pains to hide the headlights lower than the signal lights.

The lines just aren't ever right to me.

Very perceptive, follow the radius from the tail to the front and most slant kits taper to a tighter radius at the nose, a visual mistake in surface development.
wheelo
Do what you want...
But ...
Be careful what you do...

smoke.gif

Wrench-on motor or susp, leave bodywork, or find one-piece fiberglass nose section!
tat2dphreak
it's YOUR car dude...

if you like it, do it...

you can have a lot more fun if you totally disregard resale value!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.